Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lidl, 80 alligator clips for3.99?

If you mean riding crops, I'm sure many have other uses fro them during
lockdown.
However, the reason seemingly random things end up on shelves are due to
mis ordering, or salvage from a defunct product line no longer sold. Tandy
used to do this, there called it a where is, as is sale and said in the
small print that no warranty or guarantee of safety was expressed or
implied,the items were sold as is for use by those who could use them, or
words similar to that. Having said that I got a pretty good bench power
supply of variable voltage from them. The faults were. The internal fuse was
duff, the adjust knob did not quite align with the front panel markings and
the front of the meter kept falling off. However I had to drill out he
rivets to get to the innards to see why the fuse had gone. Simple dodgy
soldering of a stranded cable shorted the live to earth, The off centre
dial was due to bad assembly of the main circuit board, and the meter was
due to dried out double sided tape.
I replaced the rivets with self tapping screws. That psu lasted me many
many years of total abuse and as far as I know when I lost too much sight to
use it any more, the new owner is still using it.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Graham." wrote in message
Adrian Caspersz Wrote in message:
https://www.lidl.co.uk/en/p/diy/park...ld-sets/p35978

I'm completely baffled. Cheap, but what possible use would someone
'household' have for buying 80 of them?

There is a companion kit of look-alike Scotch-Lock connectors. I can see
that would be maybe useful, but alligator clips?

--
Adrian C

A previous Lidl offer of those Scotch-Lockalike connectors had to
be curtailed, because the packaging strongly implied they were
suitable for mains use.

On your wider point I've seen equestrian tack being sold in our
local store and it's miles away from the nearest
horse....
--

%Profound_observation%

----Android NewsGroup Reader----