Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Replacement for Dyson SV06?

I have had this machine for number of years, Now after a charge it only
last for a short period. Is it the battery? If so is it worth replacing
the battery? Or should I go for a different model, either same of
different manufacture? Any help would be gratefully received.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 18/10/2020 15:02, Brian Gaff wrote:
Can you get at the battery? Maybe possible to fix depending on the cost.
Brian

Yes batteries are availble, but can I be certain that is the problem?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Broadback wrote:
On 18/10/2020 15:02, Brian Gaff wrote:
Can you get at the battery? Maybe possible to fix depending on the cost.
Brian

Yes batteries are availble, but can I be certain that is the problem?

It can be the battery - people tend to run them hard and then put them on
charge, which means charging with a hot battery which is generally not a
good idea. But it can also cut out if the filters are blocked - there isn't
enough airflow through the cyclone (I'm not sure how it determines that,
whether by air pressure, motor loading, or overheat).

I'd give it a strip down, clean all the filters, and see if that fixes it.

Warning though, the filters are washable but you should leave them to dry
for 24 hours before reassembly. Dampness in the filters can kill the motor.

Theo
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 18/10/2020 14:11, Broadback wrote:
I have had this machine for number of years, Now after a charge it only
last for a short period. Is it the battery? If so is it worth replacing
the battery? Or should I go for a different model, either same of
different manufacture? Any help would be gratefully received.

I recently bought one of these https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/264688248938

To soon to know if it will last as long as the 5 year warranty!

--
Michael Chare

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 18/10/2020 14:11, Broadback wrote:
I have had this machine for number of years, Now after a charge it only
last for a short period. Is it the battery? If so is it worth replacing
the battery? Or should I go for a different model, either same of
different manufacture? Any help would be gratefully received.

Nothing is better than a Dyson SV06, so buy nothing, instead.

--
€œA leader is best When people barely know he exists. Of a good leader,
€œWe did this ourselves.€

ۥ Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

Dyson DC59 replacement battery - engineer required? David UK diy 3 February 2nd 18 04:47 PM
Looking for source of spare parts for Dyson appliances (other than Dyson!) [email protected] UK diy 7 April 5th 06 02:43 AM
Dyson DC04 dave cunningham UK diy 1 September 2nd 03 10:22 PM
Best place to buy a Dyson DC04? The Q UK diy 4 July 11th 03 01:18 PM
Replace Dyson Plug Ade Smith UK diy 2 July 4th 03 05:23 PM