Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Plastic lugs on kitchen appliances

On 29/10/2020 16:48, Smolley wrote:
On Thu, 29 Oct 2020 15:09:00 +0000, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

On 28/10/2020 18:34, AnthonyL wrote:
This looks very powerful stuff. The utensil bowl is a clear hard
plastic, looks and feels very similar to glass (polycarbonate? I don't
know much about plastics). My wife has found the piece that is broken.

If it's broken, and costs only £5, almost certainly styrene. Go to a
model shop and get the glue used for e.g. 'Airfix' kits.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Humbrol-P...-Of-12ml-24ml-

Tubes-OR-20ml-Precision-Needle/392757299413

Chloroform welds it.

IF anyone will sell that to you...

--
Of what good are dead warriors? €¦ Warriors are those who desire battle
more than peace. Those who seek battle despite peace. Those who thump
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 29 Oct 2020 13:04:29 +0000, Andy Burns
wrote:

AnthonyL wrote:

Thomas Prufer wrote:

AnthonyL wrote:

What/where is Treznal? Google isn't much help.

Germany

Google search for Treznal Germany:

"Did you mean:

trizonia germany
trizone germany
terezin germany"

https://rot13.com

DOH - V qvqa'g guvax nalbar jbhyq hfr EBG13 nalzber

--
AnthonyL

Why ever wait to finish a job before starting the next?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On 28/10/2020 18:34, AnthonyL wrote:
This looks very powerful stuff. The utensil bowl is a clear hard
plastic, looks and feels very similar to glass (polycarbonate? I don't
know much about plastics). My wife has found the piece that is
broken.

If it's broken, and costs only £5, almost certainly styrene. Go to a
model shop and get the glue used for e.g. 'Airfix' kits.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Humbrol-P...e/392757299413

It is a hard clear plastic that could possibly be mistaken as clear
glassware at first glance.

It has a recycling code of 07 which seems to rule out a raft of
plastics:

https://millerrecycling.com/plastics-recycling-numbers

The unit is

https://www.kenwoodworld.com/en-int/...7wg-0w22310049

(annoyingly the unit itself only has BL23 on the sticker on the bottom
- but we still have the box which states BL237WG).

Anyway the Mill Jar is £2.50. Delivery is a bit of a killer - £3.50
or £4.50 for two so have ordered two and then will have to give
instructions on rotating and not tilting (which she vehemently denies
doing even though there is no way it can break the way it has in
rotation).

I'll try some glues on what will become reduntant spares which I'm now
thinking my be acrylic plastic rather than polycarbonate. Chemistry
was never my strong point, the equations were never algebraic.