Posted to uk.d-i-y
AnthonyL AnthonyL is offline

Default Plastic lugs on kitchen appliances

On Thu, 29 Oct 2020 15:09:00 +0000, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

On 28/10/2020 18:34, AnthonyL wrote:
This looks very powerful stuff. The utensil bowl is a clear hard
plastic, looks and feels very similar to glass (polycarbonate? I don't
know much about plastics). My wife has found the piece that is
broken.

If it's broken, and costs only £5, almost certainly styrene. Go to a
model shop and get the glue used for e.g. 'Airfix' kits.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Humbrol-P...e/392757299413

It is a hard clear plastic that could possibly be mistaken as clear
glassware at first glance.

It has a recycling code of 07 which seems to rule out a raft of
plastics:

https://millerrecycling.com/plastics-recycling-numbers

The unit is

https://www.kenwoodworld.com/en-int/...7wg-0w22310049

(annoyingly the unit itself only has BL23 on the sticker on the bottom
- but we still have the box which states BL237WG).

Anyway the Mill Jar is £2.50. Delivery is a bit of a killer - £3.50
or £4.50 for two so have ordered two and then will have to give
instructions on rotating and not tilting (which she vehemently denies
doing even though there is no way it can break the way it has in
rotation).

I'll try some glues on what will become reduntant spares which I'm now
thinking my be acrylic plastic rather than polycarbonate. Chemistry
was never my strong point, the equations were never algebraic.

--
AnthonyL

Why ever wait to finish a job before starting the next?