Stephen Gower

Default Fireplace glass/steel/brick seal

Some of you may remember my fireplace query from June:
http://www.wolfson.ox.ac.uk/~sjg/fireplace/

I now have the glass - a piece of Robax
http://www.schott.com/whitegoods/english/products/robax/
from Skan http://www.skan.co.uk/ but I need to think about sealing
it to the steel frame and the brickwork behind.

Basically, I am happy for the glass to sit on the ledge touching
the brickwork, with a piece of fibreglass rope between it and the
frame. However, do I need to protect the glass from the brickwork?
The thinest fibreglass rope I can find is 6mm - but is there
something flatter - perhaps something like heatproof gaffa tape I
could wrap around the glass where it will be touching the
brickwork/frame. Any suggestions?
--
Selah