Rob Graham

Default Boosting hot water pressure (was "Kitchen Mixer Tap with hose")

Unfortunately my wife read the replies to my query on extendable
kitchen mixer taps, and hot footed it off Homebase - even more pleased
as it was a 10% off day. I also didn't read all the thread and missed
Mike Ring's warning about pressure in the hot water system - I also
didn't spot the small print comment in the instructions about greater
than 5m head. So you can guess what is coming guys - what can I do
about it ? The head is a bare 5m and the hot water flow is not very
good to say the least from this tap.

Can I get a booster pump? There might be an attraction in this in
that there is a regular complaint through the winter about the flow
from the electric shower, and can't we have a 'normal' one ! Is there
some way these 2 problems can be solved together. The shower is next
door to the kitchen so would share the same supply.

Rob
Paul C. Dickie

In article , Rob Graham
writes
Unfortunately my wife read the replies to my query on extendable
kitchen mixer taps, and hot footed it off Homebase - even more pleased
as it was a 10% off day. I also didn't read all the thread and missed
Mike Ring's warning about pressure in the hot water system - I also
didn't spot the small print comment in the instructions about greater
than 5m head. So you can guess what is coming guys - what can I do
about it ? The head is a bare 5m and the hot water flow is not very
good to say the least from this tap.

And what did SWMBO say when you declared you needed "more head"?

--
Paul
Rob Graham

"Paul C. Dickie" wrote in message ...
In article , Rob Graham
writes
Unfortunately my wife read the replies to my query on extendable
kitchen mixer taps, and hot footed it off Homebase - even more pleased
as it was a 10% off day. I also didn't read all the thread and missed
Mike Ring's warning about pressure in the hot water system - I also
didn't spot the small print comment in the instructions about greater
than 5m head. So you can guess what is coming guys - what can I do
about it ? The head is a bare 5m and the hot water flow is not very
good to say the least from this tap.

And what did SWMBO say when you declared you needed "more head"?

Yes will I did wonder whether I was 'laying' myself open to ribald
comment - on the other hand perhaps I just have a dirty mind !!

Having written the posting I then did the sensible thing of looking in
the atchives and found a number of useful answers.

However the one thing I'm not sure of is whether it's sensible to use
one of these pumps to do the two funftions of the kitchen tap and the
shower.

Rob