Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Wildlife in 'catastrophic decline'

On 15/09/2020 13:46, Radio Man wrote:
T i m wrote:
On Tue, 15 Sep 2020 10:59:39 +0100, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

snip

Of course. take semi-arid near deserts. You cannot grow water hungry
crops. Only a few scrubby shrubs and grasses can survive, so you
need to
graze animals to not starve.

https://ibb.co/S7CbSh9

It seems likely that humans evolved in such places. The Rift valley of
East Africa is current favourite. Its is arid steppe.

Yes, when it's likely it was *exactly* the same as it is now (not).

As can be seen from type II diabetes and obesity, the one thing we
haven't adapted to is sugars and starchy cereals.

Quite.

Agriculture is only 12000 years old Β±...

Yes, the *structured* farming of crops. Prior to that we were foragers
and grazers and have *never* been able to eat raw animals (or even
just their meat, without pre-processing it somehow) or digest it well
when raw. It will also make you very ill, very quickly if it's not
clean and fresh.

We ate meat long before we ate cereals.

But not before we ate vegetables / nuts / berries ...

Absolutely wrong.

vegetables are very much a mediaeval inventuon

And we managed without potatoes, tomatoes and tobacco before
South America was 'discovered'.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 15 Sep 2020 16:34:44 +0100, Andrew
wrote:

snip

And we managed without potatoes, tomatoes and tobacco before
South America was 'discovered'.

Talking of tobacco: ;-)

https://ibb.co/5Bh9WBM

Cheers, T i m
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

And we managed without potatoes, tomatoes and tobacco before
South America was 'discovered'.

And farted a lot.

No. because they brought us kidney beans as well..

--
€œIt is not the truth of Marxism that explains the willingness of
intellectuals to believe it, but the power that it confers on