Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Chrome on Taps

Curious - a tap in our bathroom (Roca)stays very shiney. One in our
downstairs loo (unbranded) suffers from limescale marks and needs a wipe
with vinegar almost daily to keep it shiney.

What could be different?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Is one on the hot and the other on the mains cold?
Some modern taps seem to have plastic spouts, and they do not seem to
encourage limescale as much, but from what you say these are similar taps.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"JohnP" wrote in message
. ..
Curious - a tap in our bathroom (Roca)stays very shiney. One in our
downstairs loo (unbranded) suffers from limescale marks and needs a wipe
with vinegar almost daily to keep it shiney.

What could be different?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Brian Gaff" wrote in
:

Is one on the hot and the other on the mains cold?
Some modern taps seem to have plastic spouts, and they do not seem to
encourage limescale as much, but from what you say these are similar
taps.
Brian

They are both single pillar mixer taps. I wondered if some plating
processes can be a bit porous.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, 5 September 2020 08:33:00 UTC+1, JohnP wrote:
Curious - a tap in our bathroom (Roca)stays very shiney. One in our
downstairs loo (unbranded) suffers from limescale marks and needs a wipe
with vinegar almost daily to keep it shiney.

What could be different?

Try wiping something like vaseline onto a clean dry tap. (It is actually best of the vaseline is thinned but you might not want to use paraffin or petrol.) Leave for hours. Wipe off and then apply car wax (or pretty much any other wax).