Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Modern locks are a pest

понеділок, 25 травня 2020 р. о 18:20:39 UTC+3 Commander Kinsey пише:
On Mon, 25 May 2020 16:17:23 +0100, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Monday, May 25, 2020 at 11:13:48 AM UTC-4, Commander Kinsey wrote:
What happened to the good old mortice lock where you didn't have to do a dance with the doorhandle to get the key to turn?

I've found that's the case only with very cheap locksets. Have it replaced
with a better lock.

I've found it with everybody's lock. To lock the door (or is it unlock, I can never remember which [1]), the handle has to be lifted first, as the key doesn't have enough torque to move all 7 latches.

[1] That's the problem, if you forget which, you break the key or mechanism.

So familiar to me. Although, I just found an online door lock shop where they sell really durable privacy door locks that have a protective mechanism so you know you'd never break one by a mistake. I'll just leave a link to the example of what I'm talking about https://vizilok.com/collections/privacy-door-locks.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Edan Crosby wrote in
:

wrote:

[...]

Lubrication and adjustment are all that are needed.