Alex

Default Zanussi Fidge Question

I have a Zanussi Fridge/Freezer DF77 30FF. The evapouration tray on top of
the compressor has cracked/melted over time (it's about 12 years old). Does
anyone know where I might get a replacement? - no luck so far!

Thanks.

Alex.

Egbert Nobacon

You need to be checking compressor efficiency. If the compressor is running
hot due to wear the tray will often harden and crack. Is the freezer down to
temperature? What setting are you running fridge at?
If all ok, you should be able to obtain one from Service Force.
http://www.serviceforce.co.uk/serviceinfo.htm

"Alex" -removethisbit wrote in message
I have a Zanussi Fridge/Freezer DF77 30FF. The evapouration tray on top

of
the compressor has cracked/melted over time (it's about 12 years old).

Does
anyone know where I might get a replacement? - no luck so far!

Thanks.

Alex.

Alex

Thanks Egbert. Good advice.

I changed the thermostat a couple of years ago and have had no
problems since. Setting is about '3' and the freezer is -18 degrees
with a normal 'on' cycle, so I think it's all OK.

I'll try the site you suggested.

Alex.

On Sat, 4 Sep 2004 23:12:06 +0100, "Egbert Nobacon"
wrote:

You need to be checking compressor efficiency. If the compressor is running
hot due to wear the tray will often harden and crack. Is the freezer down to
temperature? What setting are you running fridge at?
If all ok, you should be able to obtain one from Service Force.
http://www.serviceforce.co.uk/serviceinfo.htm

N. Thornton

Alex -removethisbit wrote in message . ..
Thanks Egbert. Good advice.

I changed the thermostat a couple of years ago and have had no
problems since. Setting is about '3' and the freezer is -18 degrees
with a normal 'on' cycle, so I think it's all OK.

I'll try the site you suggested.

we're talking a tray to evaporate water drops, surely you have an empty tuna tin?

NT