Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default the flu...not flue

I had a bad dose of flue about March 2019 and it took a long time to
recover any chance this was covid 19?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 10 August 2020 16:00:02 UTC+1, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
I had a bad dose of flue about March 2019 and it took a long time to
recover any chance this was covid 19?

turd samples show it was in Barcelona in Mar 2019.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/08/2020 15:59, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
I had a bad dose of flue about March 2019 and it took a long time to
recover any chance this was covid 19?

Only if it complied fully with Part J.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/08/2020 18:29, Tim Streater wrote:
On 10 Aug 2020 at 15:59:57 BST, "Jim GM4DHJ ..."
wrote:

I had a bad dose of flu about March 2019 ..

But sending little boys up chimneys was made illegal almost 200 years ago. Why
did you continue doing it?

give us a break FFS....
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

I had a bad dose of flu about March 2019 ..

But sending little boys up chimneys was made illegal almost 200 years
ago. Why
did you continue doing it?

give us a break FFS....

Looks like your quoting is broken, it seems to have misquoted your
original post!

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 10 August 2020 18:41:11 UTC+1, GB wrote:
On 10/08/2020 18:33, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Mon, 10 Aug 2020 08:38:43 -0700 (PDT), tabbypurr wrote:
On Monday, 10 August 2020 16:00:02 UTC+1, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
I had a bad dose of flue about March 2019 and it took a long time to
recover any chance this was covid 19?

turd samples show it was in Barcelona in Mar 2019.

NT

How come they know? They can't have been analysing turds for covid 19
at that time, which suggests they store a selection of turds for
future reference. WTF....?

Correct.

So, someone with Covid breathed on the old samples?

They looked at possible causes of wrong results and concluded it was real.
There were Chinese workers there on a project at the time.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote

I had a bad dose of flue about March 2019 and it took
a long time to recover any chance this was covid 19?

Very remote possibility indeed.

There is no definitive evidence that it was around then and its
easy to check saved samples of blood taken for other reasons.

And some have been checking those to see when it first appeared.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

There have been a long train of related viruses should that be viri?, So it
is entirely possible that exposure to an earlier strain might give some
immunity to the latest, and more serious version.
Viruses are strange as we know. They are not strictly live, they are just
bits of rna that have an unfortunate ability to get inside a cell and
thereafter get their code added to the stuff we use to make more copies of
themselves.
I suspect this mutation effect is why some people get no symptoms and yet
others do.
I'm hoping that gradually we will be in a position where, although
infection rates are higher than desired, bad results are fewer. Its
beginning also to look like virus fragments which do not give you the actual
disease can help trigger the immune system. Damn clever the way the immune
system works.

Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
wrote in message
On Monday, 10 August 2020 16:00:02 UTC+1, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
I had a bad dose of flue about March 2019 and it took a long time to
recover any chance this was covid 19?

turd samples show it was in Barcelona in Mar 2019.

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Brian Gaff \(Sofa\)" wrote:
There have been a long train of related viruses should that be viri?, So it

No, I *thought* it was 4th declension but apparently even that is not
at all definite. The only sensible plural is viruses.

--
Chris Green
·
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 11 Aug 2020 07:01:58 +0100, Brian Gaff \(Sofa\) wrote:

I'm hoping that gradually we will be in a position where, although
infection rates are higher than desired, bad results are fewer.

That's going to happen naturally as Covid-19 thins out the weaker
members of the population. If we don't manage to develop an effective
vaccine I wonder how many months/years Covid-19 would take off life
expectantcy?

Damn clever the way the immune system works.

It certainly is and one we take very much for granted. Along with
antibiotics.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 11 Aug 2020 13:22:58 +1000, %%, better known as cantankerous

Bill Wright to Rodent Speed:
"That confirms my opinion that you are a despicable little ****."
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 11 Aug 2020 12:37:49 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

"Who or What is Rod Speed?

man" on the InterNet."

flu not flue .... Jim GM4DHJ ... UK diy 46 February 12th 19 09:13 AM
Flue in flue... John Rumm UK diy 12 August 11th 14 06:00 PM
Bird flu vet IS NOT dying in hospital Steve Walker UK diy 0 February 7th 07 09:26 PM
Gas fire to fit on an external wall with a bent flue or a long (approx 1metre) flue david UK diy 2 October 22nd 06 01:54 PM
Kitchen Extractor Fan Flue Location & boiler Flue location [email protected] UK diy 7 June 9th 05 10:44 PM