Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Default Wow, expensive lighting!

On Wed, 05 Aug 2020 01:17:33 +0100, dpb wrote:

On 8/4/2020 6:37 PM, Snag wrote:
On 8/4/2020 2:27 PM, dpb wrote:
On 8/4/2020 2:13 PM, Thomas wrote:
Brass is not magnetic.

Don't suppose they've discovered that yet, do you?

Suppose _just maybe_ they've got some structural/the magnets inside
the brass tubing?

It isn't well written at all, but they didn't say it was _only_ brass
nor that the brass was a solid bar; only that the brass itself is
solid brass, not plated.

Clearly, although the pictures are contrived to not show, the brass
has to be tubing that covers the structural components which include
the magnets and all...

--

I could fabricate the structural components in my shop . The hardest
part would be slotting the brass tubing .

Nothing exotic there construction-wise, certainly...at least from
appearances.

One gathers these are done one-off from the description to justify the
pricing structure and sell as art rather than lighting fixture.

It looked pretty standardised to me.
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On 8/4/2020 6:37 PM, Snag wrote:

** I could fabricate the structural components in my shop . The hardest
part would be slotting the brass tubing .

Nothing exotic there construction-wise, certainly...at least from
appearances.

One gathers these are done one-off from the description to justify the
pricing structure and sell as art rather than lighting fixture.

It looked pretty standardised to me.

"One of the benefits of creating hand-machined and hand-assembled
lighting is having a facility where we can show our process to our
clients and other lighting enthusiasts."

But, looking at the web site which also says specifically

"In 2011, a small team with a big passion for design embarked upon a
mission to bring a fresh perspective on lighting technology to an
industry poised for change. Juniper would soon become one of the early
pioneers of the burgeoning Brooklyn contemporary lighting scene..."

"Today, Juniper is a fully-integrated design and manufacturing studio.
Honesty, passion, and craftsmanship are fundamental in our quest to
bring upscale architectural lighting to homes, offices, and hospitality
spaces worldwide. Juniper has recently expanded its location as an
architectural lighting company into a New York showroom and
manufacturing facility in Connecticut."

If you're going to support that kind of high-end product, volume is
necessarily going to be low and margins will have to be high to make
things work...until the niche market becomes large enough the knockoffs
show up, anyway.

I'd guess there are a lot of laser slotters there or they buy the tubing
already slotted from the manufacturer.

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Default Troll-feeding Senile HUGE ASSHOLE Alert!

On Thu, 6 Aug 2020 17:17:15 -0500, dpb, the notorious, troll-feeding, senile
asshole, blathered again:

[...]

Wow, that was lot of idiotic troll-fodder for the sociopathic troll, you
troll-feeding sick senile ASSHOLE!
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On 8/4/2020 6:37 PM, Snag wrote:

[...]

I thought you meant I could say "I want one that looks like this". But the page seems to suggest you just get the hexagon.

Wow, expensive lighting! Commander Kinsey Home Repair 67 August 6th 20 11:46 PM
Wow, expensive lighting! Commander Kinsey UK diy 3 August 6th 20 10:53 PM
Display set up media - Wow.bmp (0/1) - Wow.bmp (0/1) Spurious Response Electronic Schematics 0 July 27th 07 12:05 PM
Owen - WoW is WOW Tom Nie Woodturning 7 August 2nd 05 07:57 AM
Wow. Just....wow. Jason Quick Woodworking 9 June 26th 05 12:40 AM