Michael Mcneil

Default Stone Mills

How would I go about making a couple of quern stones for hand use?

It's not a thing I am likely to use, just a pointless excersize. I have
masonry drills to hollow the two stones and a small anglee grinder to
cut the grooves.

Anyone got the knowledge?

Arty Flinders

On Sat, 4 Sep 2004 12:12:43 +0000 (UTC), "Michael Mcneil"
wrote:

How would I go about making a couple of quern stones for hand use?

It's not a thing I am likely to use, just a pointless excersize. I have
masonry drills to hollow the two stones and a small anglee grinder to
cut the grooves.

Anyone got the knowledge?

Not here but why not start with necklace size miniatures, just to get
into the swing?
--
Arty

"Mindless violence causes computer games."
A. Flinders
Michael Mcneil

wrote:

How would I go about making a couple of quern stones for hand use?

Anyone got the knowledge?

Not here but why not start with necklace size miniatures, just to get
into the swing?

Inculcating which section of the community into wearing millstones
around their necks would that be?

No offence with your idea; there are a number of children I would like
to see at the bottom a a swimming pool having difficulty with the
inhaling bit of breathing.

It's just that with my millwrighting ability I thought I'd start with
the easy option first.

Ta.