Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Recommendation wtd for metal polisher

I've got quite a lot of bronze and brass window handles and catches that
need polishing and then lacquering. I'd prefer not to DIY so it would be
useful to get recommendations for companies who provide the service ...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 30 July 2020 13:56:07 UTC+1, Bob Eager wrote:
On Thu, 30 Jul 2020 11:48:41 +0100, Dave Liquorice wrote:

On Wed, 29 Jul 2020 17:22:35 +0100, wrote:

I've got quite a lot of bronze and brass window handles and catches
that need polishing and then lacquering.

I wouldn't bother with the lacquer, it'll fail and you'll end up with a
patch work of slowly darkening metal and bright polished under the
remaining lacquer. The only way out of that mess is to remove the
lacquer and start again.

If they are still fairly bright I'd just give them a gentle polish with
brasso or similar, rinse to get rid of the residue and leave bare.
Letting use build up a natural paitina over time.

I'd add that brass restorer works really well. And a lot less work.

https://www.rustins.ltd/rustins/our-...r-metal/brass-
restorer

As does Cola.

Jonathan