Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Replacing Belling Cooker Fan

I need to replace the oven fan in an oldish Belling 860 Mk2 dual fuel cooker. I started removing the back to access the fan but it looks like I have to remove a metal gas pipe which goes to the hob (part of the cooker, not the gas supply from the wall). I'd rather not do that if there's another way.
The back of the cooker has what looks like an access panel for the fan. There's a picture he imgur.com/a/91qZSR6
There are no screws to remove. Is that for accessing the fan? (It looks to be in the right place). If it is, what's the right way to remove and replace it please?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

tonkski wrote:

The back of the cooker has what looks like an access panel for the
fan. There's a picture he imgur.com/a/91qZSR6 There are no screws
to remove. Is that for accessing the fan? (It looks to be in the
right place). If it is, what's the right way to remove and replace it
please?

That looks similar to the access under the bottom of my microwave to
replace the turntable motor, you have to cut/break the bridges of metal
between the pairs of drilled holes, then after replacing the fan, rotate
the plate by a few degrees so the "petals" line up with the single
drilled holes and use self-tappers.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Thanks Andy. That sounds right.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Thanks Andy. That sounds right.

Belling country chef gas cooker Double oven problems. Right hand oven not staying lit so never heats up. Alex Barclay UK diy 4 November 7th 17 08:14 AM
Belling fan oven failure News UK diy 11 November 29th 13 03:33 PM
Creda fan cooker fan replacement - washer press fit js.b1 UK diy 1 June 15th 10 03:59 PM
replacing fan element in delonghi cooker Trudi Waters UK diy 0 October 5th 06 03:55 PM
replacement electric fire element (old Belling) Jonathan Ives UK diy 2 January 17th 04 11:27 AM