Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Belling country chef gas cooker Double oven problems. Right hand oven not staying lit so never heats up.

This cooker is some 14 years old and I have been told by my insurance company
that they cannot repair it due to lack of spare parts for this model. I find
that hard to believe but am prepared to fix it myself with the correct
advice/instruction. I also need some screws for the left hand oven door top
hinge and advice on how to access the back plate ?

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...t-1245767-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I think it depends what is wrong with it. Tin worm is the usual problem.
ie rust.
So exactly why are there screws missing? I'd imagine anyone who is an
engineer could tell what screw it was if you took one of the remaining
screws out.
The life expectancy of modern appliances is a bit of a scandle to my mind
these days.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Alex Barclay" m wrote in
message ...
This cooker is some 14 years old and I have been told by my insurance
company
that they cannot repair it due to lack of spare parts for this model. I
find
that hard to believe but am prepared to fix it myself with the correct
advice/instruction. I also need some screws for the left hand oven door
top
hinge and advice on how to access the back plate ?

--
for full context, visit
https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...t-1245767-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 27 October 2017 23:14:04 UTC+1, Alex Barclay wrote:
This cooker is some 14 years old and I have been told by my insurance company
that they cannot repair it due to lack of spare parts for this model. I find
that hard to believe but am prepared to fix it myself with the correct
advice/instruction. I also need some screws for the left hand oven door top
hinge and advice on how to access the back plate ?

I don't know the model at all. A very common fault is flame failure thermocouple failing, result is that when you take your hand off the knob it just goes out. Solution is normally a replacement standard thermocouple, eg from toolstation. Your oven might use a different system though.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28/10/17 08:50, Brian Gaff wrote:
I think it depends what is wrong with it. Tin worm is the usual problem.
ie rust.
So exactly why are there screws missing? I'd imagine anyone who is an
engineer could tell what screw it was if you took one of the remaining
screws out.
The life expectancy of modern appliances is a bit of a scandle to my mind
these days.
Brian

When an old dishwasher needed repair I was offered an insurance policy
instead of a repair charge, in terms I found hard to turn down. they
said if we can't repair it we will replace it, and the thing was already
years old. Strangely they have managed to extend it's life with repairs
for another six years.

Tim W