Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Fixing SW t&g flooring

This is my shed, a smart, habitable shed but still a shed. Having
secured my 2x1 battens to the concrete floor I am going to lay
sw/whitewood unfinished ex 6x1 t&g boards to make a permanent floor. I
don't want to screw the boards down, too ugly and too much work to plug
screw holes so it will be nails, and I am wondering:

Non secret nailing, ovals? in pairs?
Secret nails in the tongue? in the groove?
Pre- drilled? Secret screwing even?
Hire a floor nailing device?
Air gun nailing?

I have a compressor and a nail gun but the nails it uses seem spindly
for this kind of work. Now I think about it I am wondering if a drill
bit with a countersink and Number 6 screws angled through the tongue
might just make a really good and easy job of it. But I have been wrong
before.

Tim W