Posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.misc,free.uk.amateur-radio,uk.d-i-y

Default [Southgate] Getting publicity for Amateur Radio

Southgate Amateur Radio News RSS Feed wrote:

Southgate Amateur Radio News RSS Feed

Getting publicity for Amateur Radio

Publicity can be magical and when it comes to ham radio, it's great magic.
Jeremy Boot G4NJH tells WIA News how one amateur in the UK used newspaper
publicity to boost ham radio's profile

Certainly a better boost for the hobbys profile than this publicity:

https://www.gazetteandherald.co.uk/n...r-online-spat/

--
M0TEY // STC // #SaveOurNHS
Posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.misc,free.uk.amateur-radio,uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Southgate Amateur Radio News RSS Feed

Getting publicity for Amateur Radio

publicity-for-amateur-radio.htm?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email

Publicity can be magical and when it comes to ham radio, it's great
magic.
Jeremy Boot G4NJH tells WIA News how one amateur in the UK used
newspaper publicity to boost ham radio's profile

Certainly a better boost for the hobbys profile than this publicity:

https://www.gazetteandherald.co.uk/n...emailed-false-

accusation-about-teacher-to-school-after-online-spat/

What is your part in this story, apart from **** stirring....?
Posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.misc,free.uk.amateur-radio,uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Southgate Amateur Radio News RSS Feed

Getting publicity for Amateur Radio

publicity-for-amateur-radio.htm?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email

Publicity can be magical and when it comes to ham radio, it's great
magic.
Jeremy Boot G4NJH tells WIA News how one amateur in the UK used
newspaper publicity to boost ham radio's profile

Certainly a better boost for the hobbys profile than this publicity:

https://www.gazetteandherald.co.uk/n...emailed-false-

accusation-about-teacher-to-school-after-online-spat/

What is your part in this story, apart from **** stirring....?

just one of the many bullies .....

https://www.avg.com

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.misc,free.uk.amateur-radio,uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 12 Jul 2020 15:34:53 -0000 (UTC), Stephen Cole
wrote:

Southgate Amateur Radio News RSS Feed wrote:

Southgate Amateur Radio News RSS Feed

Getting publicity for Amateur Radio

Publicity can be magical and when it comes to ham radio, it's great magic.
Jeremy Boot G4NJH tells WIA News how one amateur in the UK used newspaper
publicity to boost ham radio's profile

Certainly a better boost for the hobby’s profile than this publicity:

https://www.gazetteandherald.co.uk/n...r-online-spat/

When I were a lad, amateur radio was something generated from
technical interest, information being spread from the odd bit of a
feature in "Wireless World" or some other such mag.

Then it was off to the library to find books on metal bashing, valves
and suchlike. There was no way you could bring a box home, plug in and
start operating.

The result- A more limited group of users, but all with a common
technical interest.

In my opinion the hobby was all the better for it.

AB
From the well pummelled keyboard of Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 13 Jul 2020 13:34:43 +0100, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq
wrote:

snip

When I were a lad, amateur radio was something generated from
technical interest, information being spread from the odd bit of a
feature in "Wireless World" or some other such mag.

Yup, or learned from your Dad, an Uncle or mate who already did it.

Then it was off to the library to find books on metal bashing, valves
and suchlike. There was no way you could bring a box home, plug in and
start operating.

Whilst you *could* by commercial solutions for RC models in those
days., my Xmas present one years was a plywood RC cabin cruiser it and
a the parts for an RC kit. Ok, I didn't design it myself (I was only
10) but I had to assemble and tune it and did actually get it working
(albeit with restricted range).

The result- A more limited group of users, but all with a common
technical interest.

Yup. As it was here in the good old days, before the influx of people
more used to ****ter and babble.

In my opinion the hobby was all the better for it.

It was indeed. Everything is until a minority ruin it for everyone.

Daughter used to attend a local Sunday-morning motorcycle off-road
track and it used to attract kids from about 5 years old up to adults.
The vast majority used to respect both the other riders (you would
often see older kids helping the younger ones) and the rules of the
venue.

Then you got a minority of 'youth' who though the rules didn't apply
to them and ran big bikes with next to no exhausts and you could see
parents ushering their youngsters off the track as soon as they
appeared.

Then the neighbours complained about the nose levels and how they
often ran after the agreed cutoff time (the management couldn't get
them off the track) and so the Local Council pulled the entire
facility for everyone. 5 individuals ruining it for 60 others.

Now, said trouble makers weren't bothered because they would just go
elsewhere and (illegally in many cases) annoy someone else (until they
got chased off / arrested / shot) but they really needed a good
talking to re what being a good citizen is all about. Hopefully they
are all in prison now, assuming some aggrieved parents/ landowner
hadn't got to them first.

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.misc,free.uk.amateur-radio,uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

From the well pummelled keyboard of Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtA2Mt_pn3M&t=7s
Posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.misc,free.uk.amateur-radio,uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 13 Jul 2020 15:25:53 +0100, "Jim GM4DHJ ..."
wrote:
SNIP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtA2Mt_pn3M&t=7s

Well there is not a lot to add to that!

The only thing I would say, is that at one time voicing that totally
correct opinion would invite retaliation of a physical type from the
27 Meg merchants.

I actually got my licence when the transition was taking place, the
two local Post Office enforcement people were very busy and also
licensed amateurs. They were grossly overworked!

It seemed that after I got my license the band activity went like a
switch, from discussing technicalities on a lot of subjects not purely
wireless, to the mundane day to day garbage using language that
sounded infantile.

I don't bother now, I haven't renewed the license for decades.

AB
From the well pummelled keyboard of Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq
Posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.misc,free.uk.amateur-radio,uk.d-i-y

On 13/07/2020 15:47, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq wrote:
On Mon, 13 Jul 2020 15:25:53 +0100, "Jim GM4DHJ ..."
wrote:
SNIP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtA2Mt_pn3M&t=7s

Well there is not a lot to add to that!

The only thing I would say, is that at one time voicing that totally
correct opinion would invite retaliation of a physical type from the
27 Meg merchants.

I actually got my licence when the transition was taking place, the
two local Post Office enforcement people were very busy and also
licensed amateurs. They were grossly overworked!

It seemed that after I got my license the band activity went like a
switch, from discussing technicalities on a lot of subjects not purely
wireless, to the mundane day to day garbage using language that
sounded infantile.

I don't bother now, I haven't renewed the license for decades.

AB
From the well pummelled keyboard of Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq

I have had paint over the back of my merc for my opinions but I don't
care I will not be silenced......
Posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.misc,free.uk.amateur-radio,uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 13 Jul 2020 16:18:34 +0100, "Jim GM4DHJ ..."
wrote:

On 13/07/2020 15:47, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq wrote:
On Mon, 13 Jul 2020 15:25:53 +0100, "Jim GM4DHJ ..."
wrote:
SNIP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtA2Mt_pn3M&t=7s

Well there is not a lot to add to that!

The only thing I would say, is that at one time voicing that totally
correct opinion would invite retaliation of a physical type from the
27 Meg merchants.

I actually got my licence when the transition was taking place, the
two local Post Office enforcement people were very busy and also
licensed amateurs. They were grossly overworked!

It seemed that after I got my license the band activity went like a
switch, from discussing technicalities on a lot of subjects not purely
wireless, to the mundane day to day garbage using language that
sounded infantile.

I don't bother now, I haven't renewed the license for decades.

AB
From the well pummelled keyboard of Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq

I have had paint over the back of my merc for my opinions but I don't
care I will not be silenced......

Fair play to you!

Long may you continue!

AB

From the well pummelled keyboard of Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq
Posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.misc,free.uk.amateur-radio,uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On 13/07/2020 15:47, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq wrote:
On Mon, 13 Jul 2020 15:25:53 +0100, "Jim GM4DHJ ..."
wrote:
SNIP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtA2Mt_pn3M&t=7s

Well there is not a lot to add to that!

The only thing I would say, is that at one time voicing that totally
correct opinion would invite retaliation of a physical type from the
27 Meg merchants.

I actually got my licence when the transition was taking place, the
two local Post Office enforcement people were very busy and also
licensed amateurs. They were grossly overworked!

It seemed that after I got my license the band activity went like a
switch, from discussing technicalities on a lot of subjects not purely
wireless, to the mundane day to day garbage using language that
sounded infantile.

I don't bother now, I haven't renewed the license for decades.

AB
From the well pummelled keyboard of Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq

I have had paint over the back of my merc for my opinions but I don't
care I will not be silenced......

Fair play to you!

Long may you continue!

AB

From the well pummelled keyboard of Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq

thank you loads of other videos there that are all non PC enjoy !

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIJ...PfTZK-w/videos

https://www.avg.com

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 13 Jul 2020 15:47:02 +0100, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq
wrote:

On Mon, 13 Jul 2020 15:25:53 +0100, "Jim GM4DHJ ..."
wrote:
SNIP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtA2Mt_pn3M&t=7s

Well there is not a lot to add to that!

There is ... 'Oh the irony'. Crazy Jim blames the dumbing down of the
various licences as a reason that AR was ruined but is doing exactly
the same thing to this NG! You really couldn't make it up!

He is acting just like the very CB'ers he tries to hold responsible.

If he got the idea of standards he would realise he was holding at
least two of them. ;-)

Cheers, T i m (G7ICW)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On Mon, 13 Jul 2020 15:25:53 +0100, "Jim GM4DHJ ..."
wrote:
SNIP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtA2Mt_pn3M&t=7s

Well there is not a lot to add to that!

There is ... 'Oh the irony'. Crazy Jim blames the dumbing down of the
various licences as a reason that AR was ruined but is doing exactly
the same thing to this NG! You really couldn't make it up!

He is acting just like the very CB'ers he tries to hold responsible.

If he got the idea of standards he would realise he was holding at
least two of them. ;-)

Cheers, T i m (G7ICW)

I seriously lost touch on the licence changes. I never had a G4, but
would have worked toward it, in fact I did! I got up to a terriffic
rate of knots without a problem, then tried receiving :-(

I never read the instructions :-)

For my part, I have found him an interesting contributor to the group.
I have a feeling we don't always agree, but he is pretty unique.

Not your out of the box and plug in NG contributor :-)

AB
From the well pummelled keyboard of Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 13 Jul 2020 17:31:11 +0100, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq
wrote:

snip

For my part, I have found him an interesting contributor to the group.

Oh, I'm sure he is, if it was either:

On topic

Marked as Off Topic.

I would even ignore his lazy ness re case and his weird punctuation
(surely 5 full stops takes longer than one comma) but he seems to
think he's funny when he really isn't.

I have a feeling we don't always agree,

And there is no obligation that you should, here on in the RW but it's
obvious that he *enjoys* his trolling and that's the issue.

but he is pretty unique.

Well, he's strangely like 'Whisky Dave' ...

Not your out of the box and plug in NG contributor :-)

No, and we either all agree to say 'to hell' with any of the
conventions that have kept Usenet different from most other medium and
go the way they have (unusable), become moderated (in which case most
of Crazy Jims posts wouldn't get though) or try and protect it if we
can?

I've given up now.

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On Mon, 13 Jul 2020 15:25:53 +0100, "Jim GM4DHJ ..."
wrote:
SNIP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtA2Mt_pn3M&t=7s

Well there is not a lot to add to that!

There is ... 'Oh the irony'. Crazy Jim blames the dumbing down of the
various licences as a reason that AR was ruined but is doing exactly
the same thing to this NG! You really couldn't make it up!

you just did.....

He is acting just like the very CB'ers he tries to hold responsible.

bollox

If he got the idea of standards he would realise he was holding at
least two of them. ;-)

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

On 13/07/2020 16:18, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 13/07/2020 15:47, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq wrote:
On Mon, 13 Jul 2020 15:25:53 +0100, "Jim GM4DHJ ..."
wrote:
SNIP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtA2Mt_pn3M&t=7s

Well there is not a lot to add to that!

The only thing I would say, is that at one time voicing that totally
correct opinion would invite retaliation of a physical type from the
27 Meg merchants.

I actually got my licence when the transition was taking place, the
two local Post Office enforcement people were very busy and also
licensed amateurs. They were grossly overworked!

It seemed that after I got my license the band activity went like a
switch, from discussing technicalities on a lot of subjects not purely
wireless, to the mundane day to day garbage using language that
sounded infantile.

I don't bother now, I haven't renewed the license for decades.

AB
Â*From the well pummelled keyboard of Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq

I have had paint over the back of my merc for my opinions but I don't
care I will not be silenced......

You also, falsely, claimed you'd been beaten up and ended up in hospital.

--
https://www.antislavery.org/slavery-...forced-labour/

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 13 Jul 2020 18:03:29 +0100, T i m wrote:

On Mon, 13 Jul 2020 17:31:11 +0100, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq
wrote:

snip

[...]

I respect your opinion, but there are a lot that contribute to the NG
that fill me with awe by the mere fact that they can use a keyboard.

Anyone capable of maintaining a succession of posts regarding Scottish
culinary delicacies is without doubt gifted by anyones standards!

AB
From the well pummelled keyboard of Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq
Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y

On 13/07/2020 20:01, Brian Reay wrote:
On 13/07/2020 16:18, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 13/07/2020 15:47, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq wrote:
On Mon, 13 Jul 2020 15:25:53 +0100, "Jim GM4DHJ ..."
wrote:
SNIP

[...]

I lied for a laugh and retracted it shortly after...get over it
...........sorry I made you look stupid when you embellished what I said.....
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 13 Jul 2020 20:07:18 +0100, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq
wrote:

snip

I've given up now.

I respect your opinion, but there are a lot that contribute to the NG
that fill me with awe by the mere fact that they can use a keyboard.

;-)

The irony is that we have a blind user on here who seems to be able to
follow the guidelines and respect others ...

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On Mon, 13 Jul 2020 15:25:53 +0100, "Jim GM4DHJ ..."
wrote:
SNIP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtA2Mt_pn3M&t=7s

Well there is not a lot to add to that!

There is ... 'Oh the irony'. Crazy Jim blames the dumbing down of the
various licences as a reason that AR was ruined but is doing exactly
the same thing to this NG! You really couldn't make it up!

you just did.....

Sorry, are you saying you didn't do the video and blame CB'ers
(amongst others) for the dumbing down of the RA licences?

He is acting just like the very CB'ers he tries to hold responsible.

bollox

Again, are you denying what you yourself said?

Maybe the words mean something else in Scotland?

Cheers, T i m
Posted to uk.d-i-y

What about the contesters. Are they really not able to voluntarily agree to
leave space for existing people who just want to chat? And what is all this
59 when its bleedin obvious they cannot hear the other station well to start
with.
I was at one time thinking of becoming licensed, but the behaviour of the
contesters and the old timers who think they are the law made me just be a
listener.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"T i m" wrote in message
On Mon, 13 Jul 2020 13:34:43 +0100, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq
wrote:

snip

[...]

Posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.misc,free.uk.amateur-radio,uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On 13/07/2020 15:47, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq wrote:
On Mon, 13 Jul 2020 15:25:53 +0100, "Jim GM4DHJ ..."
wrote:
SNIP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtA2Mt_pn3M&t=7s

Well there is not a lot to add to that!

The only thing I would say, is that at one time voicing that totally
correct opinion would invite retaliation of a physical type from the
27 Meg merchants.

I actually got my licence when the transition was taking place, the
two local Post Office enforcement people were very busy and also
licensed amateurs. They were grossly overworked!

It seemed that after I got my license the band activity went like a
switch, from discussing technicalities on a lot of subjects not purely
wireless, to the mundane day to day garbage using language that
sounded infantile.

I don't bother now, I haven't renewed the license for decades.

AB
From the well pummelled keyboard of Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq

I have had paint over the back of my merc for my opinions but I don't
care I will not be silenced......

Fair play to you!

Long may you continue!

You wait until you hear Jims opinions on men prancing around in their
wifes underwear...

--
M0TEY // STC // #SaveOurNHS