Default Henry vacuum bags

I've heard great things about Henry vacuum cleaners so I had a proper
look at one in John Lewis. They're certainly well made but the demo
machine was fitted with a paper bag. I was expecting a cloth bag or
even that you'd just tip out the dirt from the cylinder. Do you have
to use paper bags? I hate the damn things.

nightjar

wrote in message
I've heard great things about Henry vacuum cleaners so I had a proper
look at one in John Lewis. They're certainly well made but the demo
machine was fitted with a paper bag. I was expecting a cloth bag or
even that you'd just tip out the dirt from the cylinder. Do you have
to use paper bags? I hate the damn things.

The bags are optional, unless you need to filter to 0.5 microns, when they
are essential.

Colin Bignell

Bob Eager

On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 17:44:39 UTC, Graham Wilson
wrote:

We have a Dyson and a Henry at work.

We have both at home.

In the case of the Henry, the suction drops off very quickly after
changing the bag.

In the case of the Dyson, bits drop off very quickly.

--
Bob Eager
begin a new life...dump Windows!
Andrew Gabriel

wrote:

We have a Dyson and a Henry at work.

We have both at home.

In the case of the Henry, the suction drops off very quickly after
changing the bag.

In the case of the Dyson, bits drop off very quickly.

I have a DC04 which was not bought for building work, but at 4
years old now, that's all it's been used for, and it works
brilliantly for it. I am careful not to bash the thing around
and no bits have dropped off so far. I did break the cuff on
the end of the hose when it was new due to dropping something
heavy on it, but Dyson sent me a new one FoC. Amoungst other
things, it's vacuumed up the rubble debris and dust from demolishing
an internal plastered brick wall (a wheelie bin full, actually too
heavy to move the bin;-), and from stripping the plaster off several
other walls, taking down a ceiling, coupling up to planers, circular
saws, and wall chasers for dust extraction, etc. The only obvious
sign of abuse was the clear dust container was internally sand
blasted from the first job, but that hasn't had any effect on it's
operation.

I've tried using a wall chaser with a Henry, and it doesn't work.
It blocks the bag in about 10 seconds, and without a bag the dust
mostly all passes straight through the cleaner and comes out as a
thick cloud. A VAX with an inch of water in it worked slightly
better than the Henry. On one occasion I hired a wall chaser
I was offered a large industrial cyclone cleaner and told that
worked very well, but it cost as much again to hire so I didn't.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Christian McArdle

I've heard great things about Henry vacuum cleaners so I had a proper
look at one in John Lewis. They're certainly well made but the demo
machine was fitted with a paper bag.

I don't use a bag with my Henry. I think I've lost the ones it came with.

Christian.

Graham Wilson

On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 22:27:33 GMT, raden wrote:

In message , Graham Wilson
writes

In the case of the Henry, the suction drops off very quickly after
changing the bag. The Dyson always seems to work at 100%.

You're a loony

Care to explain?

Graham

raden

In message , Graham Wilson
writes
On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 22:27:33 GMT, raden wrote:

In message , Graham Wilson
writes

In the case of the Henry, the suction drops off very quickly after
changing the bag. The Dyson always seems to work at 100%.

You're a loony

Care to explain?

(Yeah, a bit tongue in cheek)

I have a Dyson and a Henry

The Henry IMVHO far out performs the dyson, is more rugged (I've had a
few bits break on the dyson recently) doesn't clog up and will empty the
water out of the bottom of my pond.

As for performance dropping off, the filters kill the suction on the
dyson very quickly, the old Henry soldiers on like a good 'un

--
geoff
raden

In message , Christian
McArdle writes
I've heard great things about Henry vacuum cleaners so I had a proper
look at one in John Lewis. They're certainly well made but the demo
machine was fitted with a paper bag.

I don't use a bag with my Henry. I think I've lost the ones it came with.

Actually, come to think of it, mine has a cloth bag - obviously one of
the proper ones before they went cheap and nasty

--
geoff
Graham Wilson

On Wed, 01 Sep 2004 21:43:19 GMT, raden wrote:

The Henry IMVHO far out performs the dyson, is more rugged (I've had a
few bits break on the dyson recently) doesn't clog up and will empty the
water out of the bottom of my pond.

I want a vacuum cleaner, not a water pump.

As for performance dropping off, the filters kill the suction on the
dyson very quickly, the old Henry soldiers on like a good 'un

It sounds like you have a faulty filter. The air filters on the Dyson
only need cleaning one every six months. A quick wash under the tap.

Graham

raden

In message , Graham Wilson
writes
On Wed, 01 Sep 2004 21:43:19 GMT, raden wrote:

The Henry IMVHO far out performs the dyson, is more rugged (I've had a
few bits break on the dyson recently) doesn't clog up and will empty the
water out of the bottom of my pond.

I want a vacuum cleaner, not a water pump.

As for performance dropping off, the filters kill the suction on the
dyson very quickly, the old Henry soldiers on like a good 'un

It sounds like you have a faulty filter. The air filters on the Dyson
only need cleaning one every six months. A quick wash under the tap.

Henry every time here

--
geoff

Pet

Graham Wilson wrote:

It sounds like you have a faulty filter. The air filters on the Dyson
only need cleaning one every six months. A quick wash under the tap.

Not so.
If you try and suck up a big pile of "builders" dust etc, it seems to
saturate the cyclone effect and a great amount gets past and into the
filters.

_However_...... Henry is just as crap without a bag as the material
filter thing also gets instantly clogged and suction vanishes just as
rapidly. and the "filter" is a real pig to try and wash, and it takes an
age to dry out.

I still prefer the little round smilng faced chap to the Dyson for
building dust.

--
http://gymratz.co.uk - UK's best bodybuilding supplements,gym equipment.
http://gymratz.co.uk/hot-seat.htm - Live web-cam!