Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Eric Cartman

Default Glossing - Arghhhhh

Damn

I have built a face-frame to replace the door/architrave of my boiler
cupboard. Got it silky smooth, primer, 3 layers of undercoat, got that
really smooth then affixed the frame to the cupboard.

Then the dreaded gloss (oil based, seems far superior to water based,
prefer the longer open time). I have many runs and sags despite
trying to lay on lightly and laying off each time it still ran when I
wasnt looking!

I am now faced with flatting this coat down and trying again, only now
the frame is attached to the cupboard it will be even harder to
sand!!!!

Read all the threads on rollers, brushes etc... anyone have any good
tips or ideas to share? I hate gloss and next house will be natural
wood!

Cheers

EC