R P McMurphey

Default Help! stolen keys to back door!

some scrote has nicked me keys to the back double glazed doors....i have no
other keys with which to open it and replace the cylinder...a mate told me
to drill the pins out but sommat in there is toughened because its eating me
drill bits! anyone have any other suggestions??...I am not calling for a
locksmith!

Steve

Andrew Gabriel

In article z5n0c.1028$sh4.910@newsfe1-win,
"R P McMurphey" writes:
some scrote has nicked me keys to the back double glazed doors....i have no
other keys with which to open it and replace the cylinder...a mate told me
to drill the pins out but sommat in there is toughened because its eating me
drill bits! anyone have any other suggestions??...I am not calling for a
locksmith!

There's a tool for breaking the cylinder in half so it can easily be
extracted from a locked door, but it will cost you much more than
calling out a locksmith (just supposing you can even get hold of one).

Some insurance policies will pay for new locks if your keys are stolen,
particularly if there's any chance the theif can identify your address.

--
Andrew Gabriel
PoP

On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 14:58:09 -0000, "R P McMurphey"
wrote:

some scrote has nicked me keys to the back double glazed doors....i have no
other keys with which to open it and replace the cylinder...a mate told me
to drill the pins out but sommat in there is toughened because its eating me
drill bits! anyone have any other suggestions??...I am not calling for a
locksmith!

Put some additional bolts on the inside to begin with - that way if
said scrote comes back and tries to get in he'll be defeated.

A locksmith may however be a good investment. How much do you value
what's in your house?

PoP

-----

My published email address probably won't work. If
you need to contact me please submit your comments
via the web form at http://www.anyoldtripe.co.uk

I apologise for the additional effort, however the
level of unsolicited email I receive makes it
impossible to advertise my real email address!
StealthUK

"R P McMurphey" wrote in message news:z5n0c.1028$sh4.910@newsfe1-win...
some scrote has nicked me keys to the back double glazed doors....i have no
other keys with which to open it and replace the cylinder...a mate told me
to drill the pins out but sommat in there is toughened because its eating me
drill bits! anyone have any other suggestions??...I am not calling for a
locksmith!

Steve

I've had to drill out 2 similar locks.
Carry on drilling and maybe use some higher quality drill bits. Make
sure you let the drill bits cool frequently and work with a smaller
drill bit first.
Chris Doran

"R P McMurphey" wrote in message news:z5n0c.1028$sh4.910@newsfe1-win...
some scrote has nicked me keys to the back double glazed doors....i have no
other keys with which to open it and replace the cylinder...a mate told me
to drill the pins out but sommat in there is toughened because its eating me
drill bits! anyone have any other suggestions??...I am not calling for a
locksmith!

Steve

It's probably a bit late now that you've attacked the lock, but have
you looked for hidey-holes around the garden? When this happened to
us, we found the keys under the dustbin. Obviously, the scrotes don't
want the inconvenience of carrying their collection around.

Chris

Owain

"Chris Doran" wrote
| It's probably a bit late now that you've attacked the lock, but
| have you looked for hidey-holes around the garden? When this
| happened to us, we found the keys under the dustbin. Obviously,
| the scrotes don't want the inconvenience of carrying their
| collection around.

It's not the inconvenience, it's that if they are caught with someone else's
house keys that's *evidence*.

Owain

Folding door mechanism PoP UK diy 3 February 12th 04 06:21 PM
Adventures in Loft-land [email protected] UK diy 9 January 16th 04 08:14 PM