Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT WE SHOULD FOLLOW...

Australian Prime Minister does it again!!
Prime Minister Julia Gillard- Australia:
Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday
to get out of Australia , as the government targeted radicals in a bid
to head off potential terror attacks..
Separately, Gillard angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by
saying she supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques. Quote:
'IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT.. Take It Or Leave It.
I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some
individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali , we
have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians. '
'This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials
and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom'
'We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese,
Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to
become part of our society .... Learn the language!'
'Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right
wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on
Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly
documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of
our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another
part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.'
'We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is
that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us.'
'This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you
every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining,
whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs,
or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other
great Australian freedom, 'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE'.' 'If you aren't happy
here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here.
So accept the country YOU accepted.'
Maybe if we circulate this amongst ourselves in UK , SA, Canada & USA,
WE will find the courage to start speaking and voicing the same truths.

https://www.avg.com

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 07/07/2020 17:55, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
[...]

Many on here might agree but can you see Boris getting away with saying
any of that?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 07/07/2020 18:11, Jack Harry Teesdale wrote:
[...]

after he told the truth about care homes probably not ...

https://www.avg.com

Posted to uk.d-i-y

'Most Australians believe in God.

True, but over 30% categorised themselves as having "No religion" in the
recent census. Even more so amongst the young. Yet, the PM is saying
it's fair to inflict religion on that very sizeable minority.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 07/07/2020 18:13:10, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
[...]

The truth is the NHS put a lot of infected people back into care homes
with vulnerable people rather than actually testing them first.

The truth is that Boris couldn't organise simple test and trace exercise
any more that he could organise a ****-up in a brewery.

Thankfully other ministers showed their appreciation for those *working*
in care homes.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 7 Jul 2020 17:55:30 +0100, "Jim GM4DHJ ..."
wrote:

Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday

snip

Whilst I'm sure you would love it to be true Jimmy and I'm sure you
would be supported by some of the fanatic Brexiteers here, it's
actually BS (like most racist stuff).

https://www.liveabout.com/australia-...-adapt-3299387

What was one of the fanatic Brexiteers nutters going on about 'doing
your homework.' ? [1]

Cheers, T i m

[1] Apparently, everone who turned up to vote Leave in the EU
referendum, had 'done their homework' and so knew *exactly* why they
were voting leave and what they were voting for (and presumably that
they would get it all).

Those voting remain therefore can't have done their homework and so
didn't have a clue why the only right thing to do was to vote Leave?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 07/07/2020 18:34, Fredxx wrote:
[...]

suppose so

https://www.avg.com

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 07/07/2020 18:40:02, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
[...]

One thing we can look forward to is a study of why the UK has done so
badly, say in comparison with other countries. For me, the test and
trace showed most promise in tackling the issue.

Indeed South Korea all but stamped it out. Out of a population of 50m
there have been 285 deaths.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday

snip

Whilst I'm sure you would love it to be true Jimmy and I'm sure you
would be supported by some of the fanatic Brexiteers here, it's
actually BS (like most racist stuff).

https://www.liveabout.com/australia-...-adapt-3299387

What was one of the fanatic Brexiteers nutters going on about 'doing
your homework.' ? [1]

Cheers, T i m

[1] Apparently, everone who turned up to vote Leave in the EU
referendum, had 'done their homework' and so knew *exactly* why they
were voting leave and what they were voting for (and presumably that
they would get it all).

Those voting remain therefore can't have done their homework and so
didn't have a clue why the only right thing to do was to vote Leave?

You;ve already lost that one, move on.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 07/07/2020 18:37, T i m wrote:
it's
actually BS (like most racist stuff).

https://www.liveabout.com/australia-...-adapt-3299387

You mean Jimmy fell for a complete hoax? He was utterly suckered in by
lies?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 07/07/2020 18:45, GB wrote:
On 07/07/2020 18:37, T i m wrote:
it's
actually BS (like most racist stuff).

https://www.liveabout.com/australia-...-adapt-3299387

You mean Jimmy fell for a complete hoax? He was utterly suckered in by
lies?

That must be incredibly embarrassing for him, and I shouldn't have said
that.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 07/07/2020 18:47, GB wrote:
On 07/07/2020 18:45, GB wrote:
On 07/07/2020 18:37, T i m wrote:
it's
actually BS (like most racist stuff).

https://www.liveabout.com/australia-...-adapt-3299387

You mean Jimmy fell for a complete hoax? He was utterly suckered in by
lies?

That must be incredibly embarrassing for him, and I shouldn't have said
that.

Oh, whoops, I seem to have repeated it! Sorry, Jimmy.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

sorry thought the world was making sense at last...tee hee

https://www.avg.com

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday

snip

Whilst I'm sure you would love it to be true Jimmy and I'm sure you
would be supported by some of the fanatic Brexiteers here, it's
actually BS (like most racist stuff).

Some Brexiters can see a lie straight away, they might even have heard
it befo
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/like-it-or-leave-it/

Many remainers can't tell the difference and similarly believed it would
be Armageddon immediately after a referendum result to leave.

https://www.liveabout.com/australia-...-adapt-3299387

What was one of the fanatic Brexiteers nutters going on about 'doing
your homework.' ? [1]

Cheers, T i m

[1] Apparently, everone who turned up to vote Leave in the EU
referendum, had 'done their homework' and so knew *exactly* why they
were voting leave and what they were voting for (and presumably that
they would get it all).

They probably did more homework than idiots who claimed to be ignorant
of what leave meant and have whinged ever since about the 'wrong' result.

Those voting remain therefore can't have done their homework and so
didn't have a clue why the only right thing to do was to vote Leave?

You've finally lost it. Some of the remain vote was through ignorance
and fear. But those fanatical remainers who didn't bother to vote, they
can only be utterly stupid.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Fredxx" wrote in message ...

[...]

It is not Boris's job to organise anything except to issue the initial
instruction - he would have instructed his Civil Servants to arrange and
organise such things.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Fredxx" wrote in message
[...]

Dont need a study for that. Locked down too late, stupidly
sent people to care homes without checking if they were
infected first, no ban on foreigners entering the country,
no forced quarantine of those entering the country until
vastly too late, not enforcing the ban on non essential
travel within the country, inadequate PPE initially.

For me, the test and trace showed most promise in tackling the issue.

But is difficult to do well and its not enough to just
tell those who turn out to be positive that they must
stay home and have food delivered either.

Indeed South Korea all but stamped it out.

And had the difficulty with that fool cult leader
who just ignored the ban on large meetings

Out of a population of 50m there have been 285 deaths.

Taiwan did much better again with just SEVEN
killed by the virus.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

[...]

only way I see it getting sorted here is if a common sense dictator
appears on the political scene and people vote for him / her

time is running out..........the age group that would vote for that are
dying off

and your dumb millennials are too thick to see they are the turkeys
voting for christmas

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I think one of the issues stems from the terrible polarisation of people. IE
You cannot have a state within a state, look at the chaos where they have
tried it. No you adopt the laws you want and stick to them. It does not
force anyone to change their beliefs but those should not came with a set
of laws which do not match the ones the country has adopted. The problem is
there are dipsticks on all sides who will than see Muslims as the bad folk
or whatever and hate crime will increase just because of misunderstandings.
Some of the most generous and caring people I've encountered are Muslims,
they are moderate realise that the laws imposed are out moded in modern
societies. after all we don't burn witches any more, do we, and are happy
they can still prey with no restrictions.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Jack Harry Teesdale" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 8 Jul 2020 17:15:08 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

"Ah, the voice of scum speaks."
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 7 Jul 2020 18:47:34 +0100, GB
wrote:

On 07/07/2020 18:45, GB wrote:
On 07/07/2020 18:37, T i m wrote:
it's
actually BS (like most racist stuff).

https://www.liveabout.com/australia-...-adapt-3299387

You mean Jimmy fell for a complete hoax? He was utterly suckered in by
lies?

That must be incredibly embarrassing for him, and I shouldn't have said
that.

Well, yes, 'of course' he fell for it as along with many other racists
he has confirmation bias.

So one racist posts it here (in a d-i-y group?) many others will read
it and will believe it before they bother to check it out for
validity.

'Mud sticks'.

Now, back in the real world (and as the fanatic Brexiteers love
history, going back to the EEC etc), I can't think of a nation with a
bigger history of going to other countries and trying to turn them
into more 'Great Britain's, not only with the buildings, food and
culture but religion as well!

So, do we forget the history or not?

Cheers, T i m
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 8 Jul 2020 07:44:27 +0100, "David"
wrote:
snip

It is not Boris's job to organise anything except to issue the initial
instruction - he would have instructed his Civil Servants to arrange and
organise such things.

No, but it is tradition that if you are at the top and *ether* make a
bad call or don't ensure your instructions are passed down and
implemented correctly / completely, you fall on your sword.

However, if your main driver for most of your life is to 'be PM', you
aren't going to give that up, just because you were responsible
(directly or indirectly though lack of professional ability) just for
a few thousand old peoples lives (it seems in this case).

Many MP's and other powerful people have resigned on those principals
for far far less.

Cheers, T i m
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
[...]

Thats not a dictator, dictators dictate, stupid.

time is running out..........

Nope.

the age group that would vote for that are dying off

and your dumb millennials are too thick to see they are the turkeys voting
for christmas

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 8 Jul 2020 19:55:26 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/07/2020 08:42, T i m wrote:

Now, back in the real world (and as the fanatic Brexiteers love
history, going back to the EEC etc), I can't think of a nation with a
bigger history of going to other countries and trying to turn them
into more 'Great Britain's, not only with the buildings, food and
culture but religion as well!

And so, the cycle begins again...

--
Spike
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/07/2020 07:44:27, David wrote:

"Fredxx"Â* wrote in message ...

[...]

You can't be serious. The whole reason politicians are appointed is to
get things done on behalf of the country. He is to blame.

While it goes to show the ineptness of the Civil Service as a whole, he
could easily have sent a directive to hospitals not to release the
elderly into a care home setting without a test. One sheet of paper is
all it would have taken.

If he didn't expect Civil Servants to think outside the box he could
have employed outside with a track record of getting things done.
Someone given the resources to carry out anything required. Money talks.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Fredxx" wrote in message ...

It is not Boris's job to organise anything except to issue the initial
instruction - he would have instructed his Civil Servants to arrange and
organise such things.

You can't be serious. The whole reason politicians are appointed is to
get things done on behalf of the country. He is to blame.

While it goes to show the ineptness of the Civil Service as a whole, he
could easily have sent a directive to hospitals not to release the
elderly into a care home setting without a test. One sheet of paper is
all it would have taken.

If he didn't expect Civil Servants to think outside the box he could
have employed outside with a track record of getting things done.
Someone given the resources to carry out anything required. Money talks.

Do you really think that Boris was involved in such low level detail such as
giving orders/permission for elderly to be released to Care Homes?

I doubt if the decision was taken at even Civil Servant level. More than
likely this was a decision taken at local health trust level or even by the
local hospitals.

But I'm not absolving the Civil Service for their actions.

Something which has been swept under the carpet is the purchase of PPE
equipment from Turkey in the early days of the outbreak.

My take on it.

- Health Minister/PM instructs Civil Servants to secure more PPE to answer
calls from NHS staff etc.

- Civil Servants in conjunction with overseas Embassies/Consulates/High
Commissions locate potential sources.

- Civil Servants ask for quotes. Civil Servants are unaware that the PPE
must comply with certain BS/EN specifications and the request for quotation
contains no such references.

- Civil Servant places order.

- Order is eventually shipped.

- Arrives in UK and is inspected. Inspection finds that PPE is not to an
acceptable standard.

- Whole matter swept under carpet!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 07/07/2020 21:10, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
sorry thought the world was making sense at last...tee hee

Who is 'she' ??.

Julia hasn't been the Autralian PM for a longgg time !
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/07/2020 14:08:03, David wrote:

"Fredxx"Â* wrote in message ...

[...]

Yes, since it is such a fundamental issue.

I doubt if the decision was taken at even Civil Servant level.Â* More
than likely this was a decision taken at local health trust level or
even by the local hospitals.

Directives can be sent via NHS England.

But I'm not absolving the Civil Service for their actions.

Something which has been swept under the carpet is the purchase of PPE
equipment from Turkey in the early days of the outbreak.

My take on it.

- Health Minister/PM instructs Civil Servants to secure more PPE to
answer calls from NHS staff etc.

- Civil Servants in conjunction with overseas Embassies/Consulates/High
Commissions locate potential sources.

- Civil Servants ask for quotes. Civil Servants are unaware that the PPE
must comply with certain BS/EN specifications and the request for
quotation contains no such references.

- Civil Servant places order.

- Order is eventually shipped.

- Arrives in UK and is inspected. Inspection finds that PPE is not to an
acceptable standard.

My question is; was it better than no PPE? If a Civil Servant thought is
shouldn't be used because it didn't have the right marque but could have
saved lives then once again it is the civil service to blame.

- Whole matter swept under carpet!

Sometimes at the behest of expedience mistakes happen. It is people like
you who are so critical of mistakes that are responsible for rewarding
those doing nothing more than actually doing their best to solve a problem.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/07/2020 15:04, Brian Howie wrote:
On 07/07/2020 17:55, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
Australian Prime Minister does it again!!
Prime Minister Julia Gillard- Australia:
Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on
Wednesday to get out of Australia , as the government targeted
radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks..

Mostly bollox.

https://www.liveabout.com/australia-...-adapt-3299387

Brian

shame that

https://www.avg.com

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On 07/07/2020 18:45, GB wrote:
On 07/07/2020 18:37, T i m wrote:
[...]

no that is the way races should be run ....
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Fredxx" wrote in message ...

[...]

More fool you. No PM or even someone like Cummings ever
gets to decide that sort of detail in this sort of situation.

The most they ever get to decide is some of the
detail of lockdowns, like say if you are allowed
to walk the dog or use your holiday house etc.

Sweden didnt even have any polly decide that stuff,
it was done by a civil servant who ****ed that up.

I doubt if the decision was taken at even Civil Servant level. More than
likely this was a decision taken at local health trust level or even by
the local hospitals.

Directives can be sent via NHS England.

But werent with that particular issue.

[...]

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Fredxx"Â* wrote in message ...

[...]

The sort sort of micro-management that happens when articles are
published in the media where care residents are dropping like flies.

The most they ever get to decide is some of the
detail of lockdowns, like say if you are allowed
to walk the dog or use your holiday house etc.

Sweden didnt even have any polly decide that stuff,
it was done by a civil servant who ****ed that up.

I doubt if the decision was taken at even Civil Servant level.Â* More
than likely this was a decision taken at local health trust level or
even by the local hospitals.

Directives can be sent via NHS England.

But werent with that particular issue.

Precisely my point.

[...]

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Fredxx wrote

It is not Boris's job to organise anything except to issue the initial
instruction - he would have instructed his Civil Servants to arrange and
organise such things.

You can't be serious.

Fraid so. Thats the reason the civil service is there.

No polly can know all the detail of how things should be done.

The whole reason politicians are appointed is to get things done on behalf
of the country.

By deciding the general policy like whether to allow
anyone into the country and when to have a lockdown
within the country etc. Its never going to work to have
the PM decide the detail of how someone should be
allowed to return to a care home after hospital.

He is to blame.

Bull****.

While it goes to show the ineptness of the Civil Service as a whole,

It actually shows the ineptitude of the individual that decided that.

he could easily have sent a directive to hospitals not to release the
elderly into a care home setting without a test.

But that would have required a recognition that the
civil service was actually doing things that stupidly.

One sheet of paper is all it would have taken.

It takes recognising that the civil service has ****ed up that
spectacularly.

If he didn't expect Civil Servants to think outside the box he could
have employed outside with a track record of getting things done.
Someone given the resources to carry out anything required. Money talks.

Ev en sillier than you usually manage and thats saying something.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Fredxx" wrote in message ...

[...]

But that isnt what happened when care residents started dropping like flys.

It isnt even what produced the Nightingale hospitals.

The most they ever get to decide is some of the
detail of lockdowns, like say if you are allowed
to walk the dog or use your holiday house etc.

Sweden didnt even have any polly decide that stuff,
it was done by a civil servant who ****ed that up.

I doubt if the decision was taken at even Civil Servant level. More
than likely this was a decision taken at local health trust level or
even by the local hospitals.

Directives can be sent via NHS England.

But werent with that particular issue.

Precisely my point.

Because no PM or even someone like Cummings
gets to micromanage the detail like testing of
those sent to care homes from hospital.

[...]

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 9 Jul 2020 08:57:20 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

dennis@home to know-it-all Rodent Speed:
"You really should stop commenting on things you know nothing about."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 9 Jul 2020 12:50:26 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH the trolling senile cretin's latest troll**** unread

--
Cursitor Doom about Rot Speed:
"I'm not the least surprised. The man is a conspicuous and unashamed