T i m

Default Cheap 'prop' ?

Hi all,

I wondered if I could get a couple of vfm 'props' (like the Acro prop
type) for general celing support etc.

I have seen the ones on Machine Mart

http://www.machinemart.co.uk/product.asp?p=050110045

but wondered if there was a way to get a couple cheaper than +AKM-33.84
each? (the 3m long ones .. the first size is too short)

I also know you could hire them (+AKM-3/week) but you never know how long
a job will take and when you will want one (or two)?

All the best ..

T i m
Andrew Mawson

"T i m" wrote in message
Hi all,

I wondered if I could get a couple of vfm 'props' (like the Acro prop
type) for general celing support etc.

I have seen the ones on Machine Mart

http://www.machinemart.co.uk/product.asp?p=050110045

but wondered if there was a way to get a couple cheaper than £33.84
each? (the 3m long ones .. the first size is too short)

I also know you could hire them (£3/week) but you never know how long
a job will take and when you will want one (or two)?

All the best ..

T i m

Look in your local freeads paper 'items for sale' for Acrow props - they
seem to pop up in ours irregularly at about £10 each

Andrew

Michael McNeil

"Andrew Mawson" wrote in message

but wondered if there was a way to get a couple cheaper than £33.84
each? (the 3m long ones .. the first size is too short)

Look in your local freeads paper 'items for sale' for Acrow props - they
seem to pop up in ours irregularly at about £10 each

You can use old floor joists cut to size and with double or folding
wedges. Use a section to spread the weight of the celing and another to
spread the weight on the floor and to give you something to nail it all
into one lump with. Don't hammer the nail heads home, just bend them
over.

Props musn't slant unless shoreing to a wall or corner of the room.

G&M

"T i m" wrote in message
Hi all,

I wondered if I could get a couple of vfm 'props' (like the Acro prop
type) for general celing support etc.

I have seen the ones on Machine Mart

http://www.machinemart.co.uk/product.asp?p=050110045

but wondered if there was a way to get a couple cheaper than £33.84
each? (the 3m long ones .. the first size is too short)

I got type 2 Acros for £25 each new from our local hire place - they had a
good deal with the suppliers as they bought so much.

T i m

On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 22:35:25 -0000, "G&M" wrote:

"T i m" wrote in message
.. .
Hi all,

I wondered if I could get a couple of vfm 'props' (like the Acro prop
type) for general celing support etc.

I have seen the ones on Machine Mart

http://www.machinemart.co.uk/product.asp?p=050110045

but wondered if there was a way to get a couple cheaper than +AKM-33.84
each? (the 3m long ones .. the first size is too short)

I got type 2 Acros for +AKM-25 each new from our local hire place - they had a
good deal with the suppliers as they bought so much.

[T] Seems like a good price.

I'll have to have a mooch around ;-)

Luckily a mate has since lent me the one (he was lent) we used when we
fitted the bay and 8 new uPVC windows so I'm ok for the mo.

Still a handy thing to have in yer toolbox though!

All the best ..

T i m

All the best ..

T i m

Is £25 cheap for a IR thermometer? Kalico UK diy 11 January 26th 04 06:41 AM
Cheap Garden Room mich UK diy 2 November 30th 03 03:59 PM
Cheap battery operated smoke alarms... grrrr.... RichardS UK diy 10 November 21st 03 04:52 PM
Cheap Compressors Mark Spice UK diy 13 July 28th 03 02:07 AM