Posted to uk.politics.misc,uk.legal,uk.d-i-y

Default Tracing back individual Covid infections using genomic sequencing

"Fredxx" wrote in message
On 16/06/2020 08:14:52, Rod Speed wrote:

"Fredxx" wrote in message
On 14/06/2020 20:38:33, Rod Speed wrote:

"Fredxx" wrote in message
On 14/06/2020 02:09:26, Rod Speed wrote:

"Fredxx" wrote in message
On 13/06/2020 23:44:03, Rod Speed wrote:

"Fredxx" wrote in message
On 12/06/2020 18:24:51, Rod Speed wrote:

"Fredxx" wrote in message
On 12/06/2020 07:41:05, Rod Speed wrote:

"Martin Brown" wrote in
message ...
On 10/06/2020 18:57, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Pamela has brought this to us :
The authors also observe the UK lockdown had a dramatic
effect and, from
the chart, within 2 weeks Covid infections had fallen
enormously. They
explain if the lockdown had been done even slightly earlier,
it would have
equally dramatically reduced Covid in the UK.

20/20 hindsight.

It was obvious from the rate of rise of confirmed hospital
admissions that transmission in the UK was considerably faster
than in China with the UK number essentially doubling every
three days. That was very clear from about 11/3 when there
were only 500 confirmed cases and it was arguably still
evident a week prior to that. They didn't *want* to believe
what they were seeing - which is not the same thing at all.

See fig 1 in this paper - which also very neatly shows the
defects of the official model fits being used at the time.
Line vs actual dots.

http://www.jvalue.co.uk/papers/J-val...g-Covid-19.pdf

Some published model fits back then were obvious rubbish. I
commented on them at the time but cannot now trick Google
gropes into showing my posts except in summary with keywords
"Covid exponential fit Martin".

Got it! Msgid:

Discussion in sci.electronic.design of US situation.

The justification for not locking down earlier appears to have
been that they thought too many of us would be irresponsible
and do a Cummings.

They prevaricated and we will all pay the price.

For their next trick they will take us out of lockdown too
early and without any working or effective track and trace
resulting in another spike. Mostly it will affect those over
50 and especially over 75 badly since the risk to those under
45 is small enough that you could make a case that they should
never have been locked down in the first place.

The latest UK infection fatality rates for Covid suggest that
for those under 45 and healthy it is about as serious a
fatality risk as seasonal flu (which usually has a ~0.1%
infection fatality rate).

https://www.mrc-bsu.cam.ac.uk/now-casting/

Select IFR tab to get the very latest UK results.

Age Median 95% CrI (lower) 95% CrI (upper)

1 Overall 0.88% 0.77% 1%
2 1yr,1-4 0.00041% 1.9e-05% 0.0016%
3 5-14 0.001% 0.00048% 0.0018%
4 15-24 0.0039% 0.0026% 0.0057%
5 25-44 0.024% 0.02% 0.029%
6 45-64 0.36% 0.32% 0.42%
7 65-74 2.3% 2% 2.7%
8 75+ 23% 20% 27%

Note that the IFR for those under 45 the new IFR is more than
an order of magnitude lower than the original estimates from
Wuhan data (two orders lower for the U24's and three orders
lower for the U15's).

To put these Covid IFR numbers into context your annual risk
of dying in an RTA in the UK is about 0.005% so driving the
kids to school is a roughly 5x bigger risk to them than
catching the disease itself!

http://www.bandolier.org.uk/booth/Ri...nsportpop.html

It is teachers approaching retirement age who need the
protection!

If you unlocked all the U45's then the worst case additional
fatalities if these data are correct would be around 5k.

That's mad because there is no way of stopping them infecting
those
over 60 etc given that everyone is infectious before showing
symptoms.

Yes you would. They simply don't mingle with the over 60s.

Not even possible with their parents and the over 60s out
shopping or walking the dog etc.

Anything is possible.

Try farting your way to the moon.

Is that the limit of your argument?

What happens is down to personal choice.

Not when someone sneezes over you when out shopping.

It is personal choice to go out and accept the risk of being sneezed
upon.

Not possible to say that all the over 60s have
to have everything delivered and their dogs get to never walk
again until we have a viable vaccine.

It is mostly those with health conditions and over 60 who are
at high risk increasing with age.(at the time they had to
decide that predicted number was more like 75k)

Which is less than a fifth of what Ferguson's model predicted.

The fat lady hasn't stop singing with no knowledge of actual
infection rates. That then becomes a pure guess.

Nope, we can see what happened in Sweden

Has the spread of infection stopped in Sweden?

Irrelevant to your stupid claim about pure guess.

We have real data on that in Sweden.

Only a moron would say the question, "Has the spread of infection
stopped in Sweden?" is a guess.

That wasn't what you stupidly claimed was a pure guess, ****wit.

Then don't reply to, "Has the spread of infection stopped in Sweden?"
calling it a guess.

I never did anything of the sort, you pathetic excuse for a bull****
artist.

Are you ion denial you said, you said my question was a "stupid claim
about pure guess"

Your claim that it was pure guess was about infection rates in Sweden,
not that
whether infection had stopped in Sweden, you pathetic excuse for a
bull**** artist.

From just 1,000 tests in Stockholm,

That number is a bull**** and a lie.

are you saying that is very useful statistics.

Depends on how random the sample is.

I concede that that rather than a pure guess, I should have said "poor
guess".

Still silly given that there have been a lot more
than just 1000 samples in Stockholm and even
if there were only 1000, and they had been
random, that still wouldn't be a poor guess.

Even if the samples had not been random,
that would be poor data, not a poor guess.

I rubbed your stupid nose in the fact that it is real data, nothing
even
remotely like a pure guess.

It may be more of a guess in the UK, but when we are told infection
rates rely just on Stockholm from 1,000 tests in Stockholm

Only by pig ignorant fools.

Quite, which makes your claims, "Nope, we can see what happened in
Sweden" and "We have real data on that in Sweden" even more stupid.

Even sillier than you usually manage and that's saying something.

What matters is whether Stockholm has got anything even
remotely like herd immunity, not the rest of Sweden, stupid.

If Stockholm hasn't, and it hasn't, the rest of the country is
irrelevant.

Are you now suggesting that the rest of Sweden is irrelevant when it comes
to infections?

I am saying that when considering whether it is likely that
we will have herd immunity any time soon, that if Stockholm
with no lockdown at all hasn't got anything even remotely
like enough for herd immunity, no one else will have, ****wit.

that's hardly conclusive but I accept better than nothing.

And nothing even remotely like a pure guess,
you pathetic excuse for a bull**** artist.

There is whole lot more to Sweden than Stockholm.

Irrelevant to whether even Stockholm has managed
to get anything even remotely like herd immunity.

Of course, I would expect someone like yourself to believe infection
rates are independent of immunity.

I believe nothing of the sort, you pathetic excuse for a bull**** artist.

This subthread is about infection rates in Sweden,

Its actually about whether herd immunity has happened in Stockholm.

you're the idiot who said, "Irrelevant to whether even Stockholm has
managed to get anything even remotely like herd immunity".

Have you changed your mind?

Nope.

Posted to uk.politics.misc,uk.legal,uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 17 Jun 2020 07:23:06 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

cretin's pathological trolling:
Posted to uk.politics.misc,uk.legal,uk.d-i-y

"Fredxx" wrote in message
[...]

From just 1,000 tests in Stockholm,

That number is a bull**** and a lie.

How many is it?

are you saying that is very useful statistics.

Depends on how random the sample is.

It isn't, being from a single city.

I concede that that rather than a pure guess, I should have said "poor
guess".

Still silly given that there have been a lot more
than just 1000 samples in Stockholm and even
if there were only 1000, and they had been
random, that still wouldn't be a poor guess.

Even if the samples had not been random,
that would be poor data, not a poor guess.

And if any decision is made from poor data, it might well be regarded as
[...]

That's a very poor judgement from very poor data.

that's hardly conclusive but I accept better than nothing.

And nothing even remotely like a pure guess,
you pathetic excuse for a bull**** artist.

There is whole lot more to Sweden than Stockholm.

Irrelevant to whether even Stockholm has managed
to get anything even remotely like herd immunity.

Of course, I would expect someone like yourself to believe infection
rates are independent of immunity.

I believe nothing of the sort, you pathetic excuse for a bull****
artist.

This subthread is about infection rates in Sweden,

Its actually about whether herd immunity has happened in Stockholm.

No, this is about some idiot saying, "Nope, we can see what happened in
Sweden", using very poor data from a single Swedish city.

you're the idiot who said, "Irrelevant to whether even Stockholm has
managed to get anything even remotely like herd immunity".

Have you changed your mind?

Nope.

Denial as usual.

Posted to uk.politics.misc,uk.legal,uk.d-i-y

"Fredxx" wrote in message
[...]

From just 1,000 tests in Stockholm,

That number is a bull**** and a lie.

How many is it?

Increases every day, just like with the rest of the first world.

are you saying that is very useful statistics.

Depends on how random the sample is.

It isn't, being from a single city.

Single city is fine when you are checking if anywhere gets
close to herd immunity and it's the biggest city in the country.

I concede that that rather than a pure guess, I should have said "poor
guess".

Still silly given that there have been a lot more
than just 1000 samples in Stockholm and even
if there were only 1000, and they had been
random, that still wouldn't be a poor guess.

Even if the samples had not been random,
that would be poor data, not a poor guess.

And if any decision is made from poor data, it might well be regarded as a
poor guess.

Only by illiterate fools.

[...]

It isnt very poor data, you pathetic excuse for a bull**** artist.

all the rest of your even sillier **** flushed where it belongs

Posted to uk.politics.misc,uk.legal,uk.d-i-y

"Fredxx" wrote in message
[...]

From just 1,000 tests in Stockholm,

That number is a bull**** and a lie.

How many is it?

Increases every day, just like with the rest of the first world.

The study was 1,000 tests.

are you saying that is very useful statistics.

Depends on how random the sample is.

It isn't, being from a single city.

Single city is fine when you are checking if anywhere gets
close to herd immunity and it's the biggest city in the country.

Just 1,000 samples in a single city is hardly random.

I concede that that rather than a pure guess, I should have said
"poor guess".

Still silly given that there have been a lot more
than just 1000 samples in Stockholm and even
if there were only 1000, and they had been
random, that still wouldn't be a poor guess.

Even if the samples had not been random,
that would be poor data, not a poor guess.

And if any decision is made from poor data, it might well be regarded
as a poor guess.

Only by illiterate fools.

Well, you do seem to have issues with skills of comprehension.

[...]

1,000 samples from one city is not random. You said "Even if the samples
had not been random, that would be poor data".

You now seem to be singing a different song.

all the rest of your even sillier **** flushed where it belongs

At last, the recognition you've lost your argument.

Posted to uk.politics.misc,uk.legal,uk.d-i-y

"Fredxx" wrote in message
[...]

From just 1,000 tests in Stockholm,

That number is a bull**** and a lie.

How many is it?

Increases every day, just like with the rest of the first world.

The study was 1,000 tests.

Irrelevant to how many tests have been done in Stockholm.
Given the number they know have been infected in Sweden,
we know that must be far more than 1000.

are you saying that is very useful statistics.

Depends on how random the sample is.

It isn't, being from a single city.

Single city is fine when you are checking if anywhere gets
close to herd immunity and it's the biggest city in the country.

Just 1,000 samples in a single city is hardly random.

Random in a single city is fine when you are checking if anywhere

You never could bull**** your way out of a wet paper bag.

[...]

There gave been a hell of a lot more than just 1000 samples
in Stockholm.

And since this mindless **** is the best you can manage,
here goes the chain on the rest of your ever sillier ****.

Posted to uk.politics.misc,uk.legal,uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 17 Jun 2020 09:49:43 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

cretin's pathological trolling:
Posted to uk.politics.misc,uk.legal,uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 17 Jun 2020 14:43:04 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

The Natural Philosopher about senile Rodent:
Posted to uk.politics.misc,uk.legal,uk.d-i-y

"Fredxx" wrote in message
[...]

From just 1,000 tests in Stockholm,

That number is a bull**** and a lie.

How many is it?

Increases every day, just like with the rest of the first world.

The study was 1,000 tests.

Irrelevant to how many tests have been done in Stockholm.
Given the number they know have been infected in Sweden,
we know that must be far* more than 1000.

The study was 1,000 tests.

are you saying that is very useful statistics.

Depends on how random the sample is.

It isn't, being from a single city.

Single city is fine when you are checking if anywhere gets
close to herd immunity and it's the biggest city in the country.

Just 1,000 samples in a single city is hardly random.

Random in a single city is fine when you are checking if anywhere
gets close to herd immunity and it's the biggest city in the country.

It might just as well been a different country. One city is not
representative of a whole country.

The fact you think otherwise suggests you've lost so much grey matter
you can no longer think clearly.

I concede that that rather than a pure guess, I should have said
"poor guess".

Still silly given that there have been a lot more
than just 1000 samples in Stockholm and even
if there were only 1000, and they had been
random, that still wouldn't be a poor guess.

Even if the samples had not been random,
that would be poor data, not a poor guess.

And if any decision is made from poor data, it might well be
regarded as a poor guess.

Only by illiterate fools.

Well, you do seem to have issues with skills of comprehension.

You never could bull**** your way out of a wet paper bag.

Sign of a lost argument. Is that the best you can do?

[...]

You seem to have come around in your thinking and finally thrown in your
towel. Well done.
Posted to uk.politics.misc,uk.legal,uk.d-i-y

"Fredxx" wrote in message
[...]

From just 1,000 tests in Stockholm,

[...]

No other similar country had no lockdown, ****wit.

One city is not representative of a whole country.

Doesn't need to be. The capital of the country that
had no lockdown is the best one to use to see if it
got anything even remotely like herd immunity.

If it didn't, no one else will either.

reams of your even sillier **** flushed where it belongs

Posted to uk.politics.misc,uk.legal,uk.d-i-y

Default "Who or What is Rod Speed?"