Suz

I learnt to play on such a piano. My mother bought it cheaply and had it
tuned. Wasn't perfect but then I don't have the best ear anyway. Still

can
play a load of Xmas songs I learnt then.

Reminds me of the music teacher that came to the house. She was a real

old
biddy, tweed skirt etc. She had quite a beard. She also had buck teeth

and
used to make hissy sounds when she spoke. This affliction led to small

bits
of spit flying from her mouth. When you are 7, such things were hard to
deal with. She would give an instruction and a bit of spit would land on

key, and I would be totally grossed out as kids would say now. I'd avoid
that key like the plague and play wrong notes rather than touch the

lurgied
key- getting my knuckles rapped with a ruler for my efforts.

Ah happy days. So sell it and let some kids enjoy similiar happy

memories.

Suzanne

And with modern DNA extraction methods and cloning, you never know,
they might even be able to recreate the old biddy! Imagine a
spittle-flecked wizened chin appearing like eddies of smoke from the
gaps between the keys, to rise up, coalesce and form the indomitable
Miss Tweedy, stroking her beard and picking her teeth. It's enough to
put off any seven-year-old going near a piano!

On the other hand, my teacher was a female German music student from
the Musikhochschule in Cologne, was about 22, had amazing threepenny
bits and a figure to die for. I practised avidly. I think I was about
32 at the time.

MM

What a thought! One of the best arguments against cloning I've heard yet!
lol
Suzanne

stuart noble

She also plays double bass and violin with several Welsh orchestras and has
even found bass pupils in the Welsh mountains - one who has just gained her
Grade 8 ...

Ah, what dedicated parents you must have been, carting a double bass around
on winter evenings! Only the harp player's parents have more to contend
with.

Mary Fisher

"stuart noble" wrote in message

She also plays double bass and violin with several Welsh orchestras and

has
even found bass pupils in the Welsh mountains - one who has just gained

her
Grade 8 ...

Ah, what dedicated parents you must have been, carting a double bass

around
on winter evenings! Only the harp player's parents have more to contend
with.

Well, we had several other children so needed a large vehicle to accommodate
everything. My boss took pity on us and bought a small (10 seater) minibus
for us, there was just room for the bass as well as children,
boy/girlfriends, cat, sports kit, art equipment and the other paraphernalia
which goes with schoolchildren - as well as beehives. Winter was little
different from summer, apart from extra jumpers.

It was more necessity than dedication ... we weren't natural parents but
lust is a powerful urge and, having been irresponsible in having them, we
felt that we had to bring them up responsibly.

It's paid dividends, we have no worries or responsibilities now.

Except that No 5 has just moved house and needs help with plumbing and
re-wiring etc. ...

Heigh ho :-)

Mary