Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Food parcel.

"Brian Reay" wrote in message ...

wrote:
On Wednesday, 1 April 2020 07:37:46 UTC+1, Brian Reay wrote:
wrote:
On Tuesday, 31 March 2020 22:39:37 UTC+1, Brian Reay wrote:

Obviously you need to shop in M&S, they do £30 box:

I'm trying to work out how many actual meals I could make out of that.
It
appears a bit unbalanced with too much rice, too little pasta, and
presumably the corned beef and salmon are intended for sandwiches.

Corned beef + potatoes makes hash, if you have flour ( or pastry) ,
corned
beef and potato pie or pasties. Served with beans, quite a filling
meals.

( From WW2 I believe- Im not that old but my mother used to serve them,
still enjoy them from time to time.)

Tinned salmon + potatoes could make fish cakes. Nice with some salad, I
recommend a Jewish Salad. ( We tend to use Mackerel but salmon or tuna
would work. Im not that keen on salmon. )

Im not a great pasta fan but dont just think spaghetti etc. Look at
things like pasta bake - mixing it with broccoli, cauliflower, and a
cheese
sauce, and baking it in the oven.

You can put a lot of odd things into pastry if you don't have flour. If
it has lots of carbs it can generally go in. Strong flavoured things like
buckwheat are best kept to a low percentage. None are as sticky as wheat,
adding a little stickiness avoids it crumbling, there are various sticky
options, of which egg is most effective. I wouldn't add the bogroll

True, although Ive not tried it.

The is a recipe, made famous by a recent(ish) film using potato skins to
make a pie casing.

It was developed on the Channel Islands originally during WW2 and has
resurfaced but in a more refined form.

Ive been meaning to try it. Perhaps I will. Im always looking for
different ways to serve potatoes to add variety

===

I wouldn't mind trying that Share the recipe, please?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Pamela" wrote in message
On 20:52 1 Apr 2020, Ophelia said:

wrote:
On Tuesday, 31 March 2020 22:39:37 UTC+1, Brian Reay wrote:

Obviously you need to shop in M&S, they do £30 box:

I'm trying to work out how many actual meals I could make out of
that. It
appears a bit unbalanced with too much rice, too little pasta, and
presumably the corned beef and salmon are intended for sandwiches.

Corned beef + potatoes makes hash, if you have flour ( or pastry) ,
corned
beef and potato pie or pasties. Served with beans, quite a filling
meals.

( From WW2 I believe- I’m not that old but my mother used to serve
them, I
[...]

It's the wrong group for that, Ophelia

No its not, its clearly DIY.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lonely Auto-contradicting Psychotic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert! LOL

On Thu, 2 Apr 2020 15:54:17 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

It's the wrong group for that, Ophelia

No its not, its clearly DIY.

No, you are CLEARLY a clinically insane auto-contradicting senile cretin,
senile asshole from Oz!

--
Richard about senile Rodent:
"Rod Speed, a bare faced pig and ignorant ****."