Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default mothers should look after their kids

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
On 24/03/2020 03:59, Rod Speed wrote:

"Dave W" wrote in message
On Fri, 20 Mar 2020 14:18:36 +0000 (GMT), charles
wrote:

In article ,
Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
when my parents married in the late 40's my father said if my mother
went out to work he was coming in....what happened?...why are so many
wummin working?....

1. to pay off the mortgage
2. Because a lot of them want to.

In those days, father's income was sufficient.

Quite a bit of the time it wasn't.

But then in the 60's many young couples both
went out to work to be able to afford a mortgage.

That's overstated.

As soon as that happened estate
agents quickly doubled house prices,

That's bull****, there was no doubling then,

so today both parents have to work.

No they don't. Mate of mine is just in the
process of having a brand new 4/5 bedroom
large house on a bare block of land. His wife
doesn't work and he drives a forklift.

most of his wealth will be inherited then ...

Nope, not a cent.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lonely Auto-contradicting Psychotic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert! LOL

On Wed, 25 Mar 2020 05:23:35 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Nope

LOL Sick idiot!

--
Kerr-Mudd,John addressing senile Rot: