Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default [OT] Can mail be contaminated with Covid-19?

On Tue, 24 Mar 2020 16:05:28 +0000, Davidm
wrote:

snip

One news report said that on one of the infected cruise liners they
found live virus' 17 days after all passengers & crew had left the
ship.

I think I heard that it's possible it could last up to 30 days on a
hard surface, all be it in very diminished numbers.

So much info, so little hard facts!

Strange isn't it. We know so much about so much, including similar
viruses but don't yet know enough about this strain.

Cheers, T i m
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

snip

One news report said that on one of the infected cruise liners they
found live virus' 17 days after all passengers & crew had left the
ship.

I think I heard that it's possible it could last up to 30 days on a
hard surface, all be it in very diminished numbers.

So much info, so little hard facts!

Strange isn't it.

Nope.

We know so much about so much, including similar
viruses but don't yet know enough about this strain.

Because it hasn't been around long enough to do some
of the less critical research with so many dying of it. Its
much more important to work out how to avoid them
dying of it. And it takes time to measure how long it
lasts outside humans etc.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 86-year-old Senile Troll Alert!

On Wed, 25 Mar 2020 16:44:42 +1100, , better known as cantankerous

FLUSH senile asshole's troll****

....nothing's left!

--
The Natural Philosopher about senile Rodent: