Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default bathroom Isolator switches in attic?

Is it Ok to have the fused isolator switches for bathroom fan and heater a few feet above them in the attic?

george
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 22/03/2020 12:17, George Miles wrote:
Is it Ok to have the fused isolator switches for bathroom fan and heater a few feet above them in the attic?

Why not? You can remove the fuses for isolation. You could even use a
lock off kit for extra protection should you need to provide further
protection when working on the fan or heater (which in real money means
if you have to swap them).

I suggest that they are placed close to a loft hatch.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Would that not be a little inconvenient when you get a trip?
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"George Miles" wrote in message
Is it Ok to have the fused isolator switches for bathroom fan and heater a
few feet above them in the attic?

george

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I suggest that they are placed close to a loft hatch

Thats what I did ready for the fan to be fitted, my fan being an in-line type will be in the loft anyway.

Richard

shower isolator switches Stephen[_19_] UK diy 2 February 15th 16 11:55 AM
Small surface mount switches, maybe architrave switches? [email protected] UK diy 24 May 22nd 11 08:32 PM
bathroom fan, FCU / isolator location dirt dibbler UK diy 6 August 7th 07 11:36 PM
Bathroom fan isolator Lobster UK diy 1 August 9th 05 03:46 AM
Positioning of bathroom fan isolator switch [email protected] UK diy 3 November 3rd 03 09:29 PM