Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Default "Mixed up the brake and accelerator"?!?

On Tue, 25 Feb 2020 21:40:04 -0000, Rod Speed wrote:

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
newsp.0gj97fcqwdg98l@glass...
On Sat, 22 Feb 2020 11:45:53 -0000, Bob Eager wrote:

On Fri, 21 Feb 2020 22:01:18 -0700, rbowman wrote:

On 02/21/2020 08:04 PM, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Including the worst car I have ever drive yeah even worse than a
Chrysler - a Pontiac hire car in Boston..

Yeah but did you ever drive a push button AT when Mopar was on that
kick?

The one I remember most was this one... the car also had a valve (tube)
radio...

http://www.armstrongsiddeleysa.org.au/preselector.htm

Reading the end part of that, not sure why we have this override thing on
autos.

Because you can **** the brakes in some situations.

I've used one ONCE, on a VERY steep very LONG downhill in the French alps
to avoid wearing out the brakes.

Its not for wearing out, its to stop them overheating with excessive use.

Which wears them out.

So why can't the system be intelligent enough to notice you're braking continuously and drop a gear tor two? It is supposed to be automatic after all.... if it can work out what gear to accelerate in, why not which gear to brake in too?
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Bugger, I was hoping that the virus had got you.

newsp.0hjna3x3wdg98l@glass...
wrote:

[...]

Nope, they work fine once they have cooled down again.

So why can't the system be intelligent enough to notice you're braking
continuously and drop a gear tor two?

Because that wont brake all that much with an auto.

It is supposed to be automatic after all.... if it can work out what gear
to accelerate in, why not which gear to brake in too?

Because that wont brake all that much with an auto.

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Default Lonely Auto-contradicting Psychotic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert! LOL

On Mon, 16 Mar 2020 12:30:05 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH the two subnormal sociopaths' endless sick ****

....and much better air in here!

--
Typical retarded "conversation" between the Scottish ****** and the senile
Ozzietard:

Birdbrain: "Horse **** doesn't stink."

Senile Rodent: "It does if you roll in it."

Birdbrain: "I've never worked out why, I assumed it was maybe meateaters
that made stinky ****, but then why does vegetarian human **** stink? Is it
just the fact that we're capable of digesting meat?"

Senile Rodent: "Nope, some cow **** stinks too."