Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Selling more gas

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
John_j wrote:

Makes more sense to have a few scenes for common configs
and just use that scene word to initiate multiple changes.

I'm trying to avoid getting google too deeply involved in the system, have
a local hub to talk to all the devices, but happy enough to use google as
voice input, don't want the signal from a light switch to go half way
round the world and back to tell a light bulb to turn on.

Zigbee lights like the Philips Hues dont do that, they work fine with no
internet

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
John_j wrote:

The only real quirk is that siri wont don't multiple simultaneous
timers

google assistant often gets confused about types of timers, if I've asked
it to stream music or radio, I can ask it too set a sleep timer for e.g. 1
hour when it will shut off, but sometimes instead it sets an actual timer
called sleep to make an alert in 1 hour ...

I dont do sleep timers so I dont know how well siri and alexa does those.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

John_j wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

don't want the signal from a light switch to go
half way round the world and back to tell a light bulb to turn on.

Zigbee lights like the Philips Hues dont do that,

some systems do though

they work fine with no internet

Hue are a rip-off, I have a hubitat hub and zigbee bulbs, this is just a
"learning" exercise at the moment.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

John_j wrote:

I don’t do sleep timers so I don’t know how well siri and alexa does those.

Alexa is fine for sleep timers and alarms. She is less accurate
when finding stuff on my Plex server, often completely failing to
retrieve artists or albums when requested.

Annoyingly, she won't skip a specified number of tracks on Plex.
and will not wind forwards or back on iPlayer.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK
@ChrisJDixon1

Plant amazing Acers.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
John_j wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:
don't want the signal from a light switch to go half way round the world
and back to tell a light bulb to turn on.

Zigbee lights like the Philips Hues dont do that,

some systems do though

they work fine with no internet

Hue are a rip-off,

Not with the best amazon discounts.

I have a hubitat hub and zigbee bulbs, this is just a
"learning" exercise at the moment.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default UNBELIEVABLE: It's 06:34 am in Australia and the Senile Ozzietard has been out of Bed and TROLLING for almost THREE HOURS already!!!! LOL

On Wed, 26 Feb 2020 06:34:12 +1100, John_j, better known as cantankerous

FLUSH senile asshole's troll****

06:34??? LOL 10 more minutes and you will have been trolling for THREE HOURS
already, senile idiot! LOL

cretin from Oz:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default UNBELIEVABLE: It's 06:40 am in Australia and the Senile Ozzietard has been out of Bed and TROLLING for OVER THREE HOURS already!!!! LOL

On Wed, 26 Feb 2020 06:40:35 +1100, John_j, better known as cantankerous

FLUSH troll****

06:40??? LOL Is it bright outside already, senile troll? Or don't you no
longer notice the changes of day and night, you clinically insane asshole?

--
about senile Rot Speed:
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Chris J Dixon" wrote in message
John_j wrote:

I don't do sleep timers so I don't know how well siri and alexa does
those.

Alexa is fine for sleep timers and alarms. She is less accurate
when finding stuff on my Plex server, often completely failing to
retrieve artists or albums when requested.

Annoyingly, she won't skip a specified number of tracks on Plex.
and will not wind forwards or back on iPlayer.

I don't do either of those either.

Google is hopeless at playing the most recent podcast that I always listen
too

Which is a pity because the google home mini has much better
audio than the iphone or the echo dot. Hopefully they will fix that.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default UNBELIEVABLE: It's 02:36 am in Australia and the Senile Ozzietard has been out of Bed and TROLLING for almost FOUR HOURS already!!!! LOL

On Wed, 26 Feb 2020 07:29:05 +1100, John_j, better known as cantankerous

FLUSH senile troll's troll****

07:29??? So you've been up and trolling for almost FOUR HOURS already, you
miserable sick senile swine! LOL

cretin from Oz:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default UNBELIEVABLE: It's 07:40 am in Australia and the Senile Ozzietard has been out of Bed and TROLLING for OVER FOUR HOURS already!!!! LOL

On Wed, 26 Feb 2020 07:40:36 +1100, John_j, better known as cantankerous

FLUSH senile asshole's troll****

07:40??? LOL So, WHY does NOBODY in Australia ever talk to you, senile pest?
I DO know why, but I would like to hear your OWN senile "explanation"! LOL

--
Bod addressing senile Rot:
"Rod, you have a sick twisted mind. I suggest you stop your mindless

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 26 Feb 2020 07:54:15 +1100, John_j, better known as cantankerous

FLUSH senile asshole's troll****

Whose killfile are you NOW trying to avoid, John_j, you clinically insane
85-year-old trolling senile asshole? BG

--
The Natural Philosopher about senile Rot: