Old February 9th 20, 09:02 PM posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default A bit windy

Call out this morning.

Not only did the ladders manage to slide across the roof bars (and I
fitted them properly) the roof popped off it's brackets and the
dashboard kept saying that the drivers door was open.

Now the drivers door was taking the brunt of the force so why would it
say that one was open?

--
Adam

Old February 9th 20, 09:45 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 9 February 2020 20:02:46 UTC, ARW wrote:
Call out this morning.

Not only did the ladders manage to slide across the roof bars (and I
fitted them properly) the roof popped off it's brackets and the
dashboard kept saying that the drivers door was open.

Now the drivers door was taking the brunt of the force so why would it
say that one was open?

Amazingly enough, so far, not even a plant pot has blown over. Yet two or three have tipped up more than once on previous occasions.

Made sure the bird feeder was put down yesterday, it is asking a lot for that to stay standing.

So just the lid of a bin and the paper recycling box got blown off. My, we have been lucky.

Old February 9th 20, 09:59 PM posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 09/02/2020 20:45, polygonum_on_google wrote:
On Sunday, 9 February 2020 20:02:46 UTC, ARW wrote:
Call out this morning.

Not only did the ladders manage to slide across the roof bars (and I
fitted them properly) the roof popped off it's brackets and the
dashboard kept saying that the drivers door was open.

Now the drivers door was taking the brunt of the force so why would it
say that one was open?

Amazingly enough, so far, not even a plant pot has blown over. Yet two or three have tipped up more than once on previous occasions.

Made sure the bird feeder was put down yesterday, it is asking a lot for that to stay standing.

So just the lid of a bin and the paper recycling box got blown off. My, we have been lucky.

I did not have a problem on the A628 this only started when I turned off
onto the A629.

--
Adam
Old February 9th 20, 10:17 PM posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 09/02/2020 20:59, ARW wrote:
[...]

Sorry that your Fiat is doing what Fiats do.

The wind took our recycling bin right round the corner and started to
disburse the contents. The neighbours were treated to the sight of my
wife and me (only partly dressed) running around after yogurt pots and
cardboard boxes.

It's exciting he the local swimming pool has lost its roof.
https://www.edp24.co.uk/news/splash-...iara-1-6505757

It must have been properly exciting for the people in the pool at the time.
Old February 9th 20, 10:59 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

"ARW" wrote in message
news
Call out this morning.

Not only did the ladders manage to slide across the roof bars (and I
fitted them properly) the roof popped off it's brackets and the dashboard
kept saying that the drivers door was open.

Now the drivers door was taking the brunt of the force so why would it say
that one was open?

Presumably, given that it’s a Fiat, the door
open sensor is badly located and is barely
switching when the door is closed and the
movement of the door in the wind is enough
to vary that switch and the software is too
stupid to notice it keeps changing.

Old February 9th 20, 11:09 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 09 Feb 2020 21:17:55 +0000, GB wrote:

The wind took our recycling bin right round the corner and started to
disburse the contents. The neighbours were treated to the sight of my
wife and me (only partly dressed) running around after yogurt pots and
cardboard boxes.

Our wheelie bin toured the garden. On its wheels.

Old February 9th 20, 11:22 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 9 February 2020 20:02:46 UTC, ARW wrote:
Call out this morning.

Guests in The Bridge House, Hawick, didn't get their Sunday morning lie-in.

Not sure why the fire alarms started when the wall fell into the river.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...storm-21463013

Owain

Old February 9th 20, 11:53 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lonely Auto-contradicting Psychotic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert! LOL

On Mon, 10 Feb 2020 08:59:59 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Not only did the ladders manage to slide across the roof bars (and I
fitted them properly) the roof popped off it's brackets and the dashboard
kept saying that the drivers door was open.

Now the drivers door was taking the brunt of the force so why would it say
that one was open?

Presumably, given that its a Fiat, the door
open sensor is badly located and is barely
switching when the door is closed and the
movement of the door in the wind is enough
to vary that switch and the software is too
stupid to notice it keeps changing.

You are certainly too stupid to notice what a senile pest you are, senile
Rodent!

--
Bod addressing abnormal senile quarreller Rot:
"Do you practice arguing with yourself in an empty room?"
Old February 10th 20, 12:02 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 9 Feb 2020 21:17:55 +0000, GB
wrote:

snip

The wind took our recycling bin right round the corner and started to
disburse the contents.

It took all of (3 of) ours but I believe they were empty. ;-)

The neighbours were treated to the sight of my
wife and me (only partly dressed) running around after yogurt pots and
cardboard boxes.

Hehe. Mine was a sedated walk fully dressed as they were wedged in
various places down the side road. ;-)

The already aging motorcycle cover seems to have given up and is now
hanging on the bike in shreds. It seems to have had a red lining that
was at the time I looked, spread all over the bike like a layer of
dust (a bit like War of the worlds g). I'm guessing the subsequent
deluges have washed it all off the now mostly uncovered bike.

Cheers, T i m

Old February 10th 20, 08:17 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 9 February 2020 21:17:59 UTC, GB wrote:
On 09/02/2020 20:59, ARW wrote:
[...]

Err... A single roof window????