Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lidl and Aldi 'jump start' packs.

Old thread but I can recommend this type. Started my diesel van and Megane car no problem until I gave in and replaced both batteries.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SUAOKI-1200...HQZC089H2G2832

Posted to uk.d-i-y

sintv wrote:
Old thread but I can recommend this type. Started my diesel van and
Megane car no problem until I gave in and replaced both batteries.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SUAOKI-1200...HQZC089H2G2832

Let me see, an €śAmazon choice€ť from a €śno name€ť maker that no one has ever
heard of before with a handful of glowing reviews. Think Ill give it a
swerve.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Ok I see your no name point but the actual one I have called RoyPow, doesnt seem to be on Amazons site but looks more or less the same as the Suaoki one. Probably from the same Chinese warehouse. I got mine 2016 and its started my vehicles about 6 times no problem. Cheaper price now as well.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

sintv,

How long does it take to charge on the mains?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim+ wrote:
sintv wrote:
Old thread but I can recommend this type. Started my diesel van and
Megane car no problem until I gave in and replaced both batteries.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SUAOKI-1200...HQZC089H2G2832

Let me see, an €śAmazon choice€ť from a €śno name€ť maker that no one has ever
heard of before with a handful of glowing reviews. Think Ill give it a
swerve.

I just happened to have the listing open for a:
"Tecsun PL880 Portable Digital PLL Dual Conversion AM/FM, Longwave &
Shortwave Radio with SSB (Single Side Band) Reception"

which it helpfully tells me is 'Amazon choice for "tecsun pl-880" '.

So if anyone was still unsure, it proves the badge is utterly meaningless.

Theo

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 9 February 2020 09:57:04 UTC, wrote:
sintv,

How long does it take to charge on the mains?

Depends how flat it is. Ive only had to top mine up after a few jump starts but I think its about 8 hrs if completely flat. Mine charges from 2 mini plugs (supplied)