Posted to uk.d-i-y
ss ss is offline

Default PC proxy server

PC suddenly stopped connecting to internet.
Getting message proxy server local host not connecting to 21320.

What to do? as I havent a clue what this means.
In local network it is set to auto detect connections.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

ss wrote:

PC suddenly stopped connecting to internet.
Getting message proxy server local host not connecting to 21320.

What to do?

Sounds like you may have "spybot search and destroy" installed, but it's
not started (or it's crashed).

see if there's a service you can restart, if not then configure the
browser to use direct connection instead of the proxy.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Are you on Virgin?
Sounds like what happens if the whole thing goes belly up and the
router/modem cannot even work out what to do.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"ss" wrote in message
PC suddenly stopped connecting to internet.
Getting message proxy server local host not connecting to 21320.

What to do? as I havent a clue what this means.
In local network it is set to auto detect connections.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ss ss is offline

On 23/01/2020 20:26, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
Are you on Virgin?
Sounds like what happens if the whole thing goes belly up and the
router/modem cannot even work out what to do.
Brian

I am on virgin and do have spybot.
I did a system restore and that appears to have brought everything back
to normal.

Out of interest while it was down my laptop connected ok and the PC
connected to the internet via tor browser (which I dont normally use)

Anyhow all ok for the moment.