Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Default Why do thermometers never agree?

I have three thermometers, they read the same when placed next to each other. Put one in another room, and it reads colder, yet I can feel as I walk into the room that it's warmer.
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Default CAUTION!!! Birdbrain, the Abnormal Pathological Attention Whore, Strikes, AGAIN!

On Tue, 10 Dec 2019 18:04:59 -0000, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson",
"Steven ******","Bruce Farquar", "Fred Johnson, etc.), the pathological
resident idiot and attention whore of all the uk ngs, blathered again:

FLUSH the clinically insane attention-starved ******'s latest
attention-baiting sick bull**** unread again

--
AndyW addressing Birdbrain:
"Troll or idiot?...

--
Phil Lee adressing Birdbrain Macaw:
"You are too stupid to be wasting oxygen."

--
Phil Lee describing Birdbrain Macaw:
"I've never seen such misplaced pride in being a ****ing moronic motorist."

--
Tony944 addressing Birdbrain Macaw:
"I seen and heard many people but you are on top of list being first class

--
Pelican to Birdbrain Macaw:
"Ok. I'm persuaded . You are an idiot."

--
DerbyDad03 addressing Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson" LOL):
"Frigging Idiot. Get the hell out of my thread."

--
Kerr Mudd-John about Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson" LOL):
"It's like arguing with a demented frog."

--
Mr Pounder Esquire about Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson" LOL):
"the **** poor delivery boy with no hot running water, 11 cats and

--
Rob Morley about Birdbrain:
"He's a perennial idiot"

--
JoeyDee to Birdbrain
"I apologize for thinking you were a jerk. You're just someone with an IQ

--
Sam Plusnet about Birdbrain (now "James Wilkinson Sword" LOL):
"He's just desperate to be noticed. Any attention will do, no matter how

--
asking Birdbrain:
"What, were you dropped on your head as a child?"

--
Christie addressing endlessly driveling Birdbrain Macaw (now "James
Wilkinson" LOL):

--
Mr Pounder's fitting description of Birdbrain Macaw:
"You are a well known fool, a tosser, a pillock, a stupid unemployable

--
Richard to pathetic ****** Hucker:
"You haven't bred?

--
about Birdbrain (now "James Wilkinson" LOL):
""not the sharpest knife in the drawer"'s parents sure made a serious

--
Mr Pounder exposing sociopathic Birdbrain:
"You will always be a lonely sociopath living in a ******** with no hot

--
francis about Birdbrain (now "James Wilkinson" LOL):
"He seems to have a reputation as someone of limited intelligence"

--
Peter Moylan about Birdbrain (now "James Wilkinson" LOL):
"If people like JWS didn't exist, we would have to find some other way to

--
Lewis about nym-shifting Birdbrain:
"Typical narcissist troll, thinks his **** is so grand he has the right to
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Commander Kinsey wrote:
I have three thermometers, they read the same when placed next to
each other. Put one in another room, and it reads colder, yet I can
feel as I walk into the room that it's warmer.

Prick.

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 10 Dec 2019 18:40:37 -0000, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

Commander Kinsey wrote:
I have three thermometers, they read the same when placed next to
each other. Put one in another room, and it reads colder, yet I can
feel as I walk into the room that it's warmer.

Prick.

Ah, another informative answer from thicko Pounder. You're as stupid as a southerner sometimes.
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

wrote:
Commander Kinsey wrote:
I have three thermometers, they read the same when placed next to
each other. Put one in another room, and it reads colder, yet I can
feel as I walk into the room that it's warmer.

Prick.

Ah, another informative answer from thicko Pounder. You're as stupid
as a southerner sometimes.

It is not an answer, it is a remark. Learn the difference, prick.

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

wrote:
Commander Kinsey wrote:
I have three thermometers, they read the same when placed next to
each other. Put one in another room, and it reads colder, yet I can
feel as I walk into the room that it's warmer.

Prick.

Ah, another informative answer from thicko Pounder. You're as stupid
as a southerner sometimes.

It is not an answer, it is a remark. Learn the difference, prick.

I asked a question, I expected an answer, you were not authorized to give a remark.

And stop fantasizing about my penis, ****.
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

wrote:
Commander Kinsey wrote:
I have three thermometers, they read the same when placed next to
each other. Put one in another room, and it reads colder, yet I can
feel as I walk into the room that it's warmer.

Prick.

Ah, another informative answer from thicko Pounder.* You're as stupid
as a southerner sometimes.

It is not an answer, it is a remark. Learn the difference, prick.

I asked a question, I expected an answer, you were not authorized to
give a remark.

And stop fantasizing about my penis, ****.

That mister pounder sounds like a flaming faggot.
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

wrote:
Commander Kinsey wrote:
I have three thermometers, they read the same when placed next to
each other. Put one in another room, and it reads colder, yet I can
feel as I walk into the room that it's warmer.

Prick.

Ah, another informative answer from thicko Pounder. You're as stupid
as a southerner sometimes.

It is not an answer, it is a remark. Learn the difference, prick.

The thermometer is usually inserted into a nearby orifice (if you
can only say mieaow or woof)

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

wrote:
Commander Kinsey wrote:
I have three thermometers, they read the same when placed next to
each other. Put one in another room, and it reads colder, yet I can
feel as I walk into the room that it's warmer.

Prick.

Ah, another informative answer from thicko Pounder. You're as stupid
as a southerner sometimes.

It is not an answer, it is a remark. Learn the difference, prick.

The thermometer is usually inserted into a nearby orifice (if you
can only say mieaow or woof)

And the thermometer actually comes back out unharmed?
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Commander Kinsey wrote

I have three thermometers, they read the same when placed
next to each other. Put one in another room, and it reads
colder, yet I can feel as I walk into the room that it's warmer.

How a room feels depends on a lot more than
just the air temp, the temperature of the walls
is just as important to how warm it feels.

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 10 Dec 2019 19:40:18 -0000, Rod Speed wrote:

Commander Kinsey wrote

I have three thermometers, they read the same when placed
next to each other. Put one in another room, and it reads
colder, yet I can feel as I walk into the room that it's warmer.

How a room feels depends on a lot more than
just the air temp, the temperature of the walls
is just as important to how warm it feels.

What's important to a person is how warm it feels. I guess thermometers should be hung in the centre of the room, so they smack you in the face as you walk in.
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
newsp.0cllowspwdg98l@glass...
On Tue, 10 Dec 2019 19:40:18 -0000, Rod Speed
wrote:

Commander Kinsey wrote

I have three thermometers, they read the same when placed
next to each other. Put one in another room, and it reads
colder, yet I can feel as I walk into the room that it's warmer.

How a room feels depends on a lot more than
just the air temp, the temperature of the walls
is just as important to how warm it feels.

What's important to a person is how warm it feels.

Sure, but that's a separate issue to why the room
feels different to what the thermometer says.

I guess thermometers should be hung in the centre of the room, so they
smack you in the face as you walk in.

You can certainly get thermometer that measure the wall
temps and give you a fells like temp.

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 10 Dec 2019 21:03:42 -0000, Rod Speed wrote:

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
newsp.0cllowspwdg98l@glass...
On Tue, 10 Dec 2019 19:40:18 -0000, Rod Speed
wrote:

Commander Kinsey wrote

I have three thermometers, they read the same when placed
next to each other. Put one in another room, and it reads
colder, yet I can feel as I walk into the room that it's warmer.

How a room feels depends on a lot more than
just the air temp, the temperature of the walls
is just as important to how warm it feels.

What's important to a person is how warm it feels.

Sure, but that's a separate issue to why the room
feels different to what the thermometer says.

Ah, I misunderstood you. I thought you were saying it was important in everyday life to know your wall temperature.

I guess thermometers should be hung in the centre of the room, so they
smack you in the face as you walk in.

You can certainly get thermometer that measure the wall
temps and give you a fells like temp.

I do scoff at weather forecasts when they say "-7C, feels like -1000000C, DANGER! You will die instantly! Severe wind chill!" Yeah right. I just stick my head out of the door and decide whether to wear shorts or shorts.
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

newsp.0clo7mtcwdg98l@glass...
wrote:

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
newsp.0cllowspwdg98l@glass...
On Tue, 10 Dec 2019 19:40:18 -0000, Rod Speed
wrote:

Commander Kinsey wrote

[...]

Easier to ask siri what it feels like before dressing.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 10 December 2019 21:12:52 UTC, Commander Kinsey wrote:

I do scoff at weather forecasts when they say "-7C, feels like -1000000C, DANGER! You will die instantly! Severe wind chill!" Yeah right. I just stick my head out of the door and decide whether to wear shorts or shorts.

I guess you don't feel silly wearing shorts on your head, do you wear underpants on your head too ?

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Default UNBELIEVABLE: It's 08:03 am in Australia and the Senile Ozzietard has been out of Bed and TROLLING for EIGHT HOURS already!!!! LOL

On Wed, 11 Dec 2019 08:03:42 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH troll****

08:03 in Australia? ROTFLOL So you've been up and trolling, ALL NIGHT LONG,
for EIGHT HOURS ...so far! Muahahahahahahahahaaa!!!

--
Marland revealing the senile sociopath's pathology:
"You have mentioned Alexa in a couple of threads recently, it is not a real
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 10 December 2019 19:56:49 UTC, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Tue, 10 Dec 2019 19:40:18 -0000, Rod Speed wrote:

Commander Kinsey wrote

I have three thermometers, they read the same when placed
next to each other. Put one in another room, and it reads
colder, yet I can feel as I walk into the room that it's warmer.

How a room feels depends on a lot more than
just the air temp, the temperature of the walls
is just as important to how warm it feels.

What's important to a person is how warm it feels. I guess thermometers should be hung in the centre of the room, so they smack you in the face as you walk in.

The offical way of measure IIRC is 1 metre off the floor, which is why when we had our temp tested the workman came in a asked for a ladder so they could get up close to the heating system and hold their thermometers there to getv a reading of 20C, pity that at 1 metre is was below 12C and in one case as low as 5C.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Troll-feeding Senile ASSHOLE Alert!

On Wed, 11 Dec 2019 07:03:55 -0800 (PST), It's REAL DUMB Pedophilic serb
nazi Bitchslapping Time, AGAIN!

The offical way of measure IIRC is 1 metre off the floor, which is why when we had our temp tested the workman came in a asked for a ladder so they could get up close to the heating system and hold their thermometers there to getv a reading of 20C, pity that at 1 metre is was below 12C and in one case as low as 5C.

Just what kind of an asshole are you, whisky-depraved? Oh, yeah, I know: a
troll-feeding senile asshole! G
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 11 Dec 2019 15:03:55 -0000, whisky-dave wrote:

On Tuesday, 10 December 2019 19:56:49 UTC, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Tue, 10 Dec 2019 19:40:18 -0000, Rod Speed wrote:

Commander Kinsey wrote

I have three thermometers, they read the same when placed
next to each other. Put one in another room, and it reads
colder, yet I can feel as I walk into the room that it's warmer.

How a room feels depends on a lot more than
just the air temp, the temperature of the walls
is just as important to how warm it feels.

What's important to a person is how warm it feels. I guess thermometers should be hung in the centre of the room, so they smack you in the face as you walk in.

The offical way of measure IIRC is 1 metre off the floor,

I always put them at eye level, easier to read. Who cares if it says 22C instead of 20C, you just learn you like "22C".

which is why when we had our temp tested the workman came in a asked for a ladder so they could get up close to the heating system and hold their thermometers there to getv a reading of 20C, pity that at 1 metre is was below 12C and in one case as low as 5C.

Why would you need your temp tested? If you want it warmer, turn the heating up. If you want it cooler, open a window. Take action yourself instead of moaning and blaming someone else.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 12 December 2019 19:50:01 UTC, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Wed, 11 Dec 2019 15:03:55 -0000, whisky-dave wrote:

On Tuesday, 10 December 2019 19:56:49 UTC, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Tue, 10 Dec 2019 19:40:18 -0000, Rod Speed wrote:

Commander Kinsey wrote

I have three thermometers, they read the same when placed
next to each other. Put one in another room, and it reads
colder, yet I can feel as I walk into the room that it's warmer.

How a room feels depends on a lot more than
just the air temp, the temperature of the walls
is just as important to how warm it feels.

What's important to a person is how warm it feels. I guess thermometers should be hung in the centre of the room, so they smack you in the face as you walk in.

The offical way of measure IIRC is 1 metre off the floor,

I always put them at eye level, easier to read. Who cares if it says 22C instead of 20C, you just learn you like "22C".

You can put your thermometer whereever you want but if the thermometers are
at differnt heights then your comparision results most likely will be wrong..
which is likely to be yuor problem (one of many you have)
1 metre is the H&S set hieght for recording factory temperatures from the 1992 factories act section 7.

which is why when we had our temp tested the workman came in a asked for a ladder so they could get up close to the heating system and hold their thermometers there to getv a reading of 20C, pity that at 1 metre is was below 12C and in one case as low as 5C.

Why would you need your temp tested?

Because we have a legal obligation to the students regarding their Health safety and well being. It can be difficult soldering and typing in low temperatures.

If you want it warmer, turn the heating up.

We don;t have access to such controls, maintance had the key to the plant room.
If the heating was turned up then the staff offices got far too hot and went to over 30C, while the lab rarely went about 17C during the winter.
1960s building with single window glass with rusted frames meant the cold wind could be felt while sitting at the desks.
The heating system wasn;t designed to supply both buildings the run was too long the installer told me that the college knew that but that they had run out of money so the project was bodged.

If you want it cooler, open a window.

Why would yuo want a lab at 5C cooler.

We had to use a hair dryer to heat up the fileserver when it was stitched back on after xmas.

Take action yourself instead of moaning and blaming someone else.

I used to, as we used to drink at lunchtime with the maintance dept.
we'd say to them during lunch could you come over and sort the heating out, they used to say can;t do anything after lunch and give a wink.
And they came the next day.
Now we have an estates dept. you have to send an email request to them, then you get a ticket number back, later in the week you'd get a job number, a few days later a ticket asking if the job had been completed, you'd then have to send an email back this generated a request ticket, that yuo had to fill in to say the job hadn't even been started, and everything went around in circles. This year we had an email from estates asking that people not to generate tickets by asking why hasn't a job been started or completed as they had a backlog of 1,200 tickets that they were sorting through.

Now we have a new lab and new heating system costing a few £million.
We don;t have much control over any settings you need a specail key to acess the heating system and password.
A few months ago in the summer, we came in monday morning and it was 28C in the lab with the heating full on. Someone had come in to test the system out, they forgot to switch off the test and the heating system had been on full 150KW for 6 or so hours.

The old heating system has been removed after about 50 years of use,
and for the most part the new system.
Currently according to teh syetem interal temp 23.7C external 6.8C
and a particualate density of 469ppm.

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Default Lonely Auto-contradicting Psychotic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert!

On Wed, 11 Dec 2019 06:40:18 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

How a room feels depends on a lot more than
just the air temp, the temperature of the walls
is just as important to how warm it feels.

Are you sure, senile wisenheimer? Senilely sure again? BG

--
The Natural Philosopher about senile Rot:
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y
boB boB is offline

I have three thermometers, they read the same when placed next to each other. Put one in another room, and it reads colder, yet I can feel as I walk into the room that it's warmer.

Maybe check humidity in both rooms with a sling psychrometer?

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Default Troll-feeding Senile IDIOT Alert!

On Tue, 10 Dec 2019 15:51:30 -0500, Bob, another troll-feeding senile idiot,
babbled:

Maybe check humidity in both rooms with a sling psychrometer?

Maybe recognize a troll when he's there, troll-feeding senile idiot?
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 10 Dec 2019 20:51:30 -0000, Bob wrote:

I have three thermometers, they read the same when placed next to each other. Put one in another room, and it reads colder, yet I can feel as I walk into the room that it's warmer.

Maybe check humidity in both rooms with a sling psychrometer?

Checked with a digital one. Only 3% difference. Which I think would slightly exaggerate the change I'd feel.

I think the problem is that the room isn't even throughout, they never are. I'm feeling the air in the middle as I walk through the door, the thermometers were on the wall at the edge.
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On 10/12/2019 21:41, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Tue, 10 Dec 2019 20:51:30 -0000, Bob wrote:

I have three thermometers, they read the same when placed next to
each other. Put one in another room, and it reads colder, yet I can
feel as I walk into the room that it's warmer.

Maybe check humidity in both rooms with a sling psychrometer?

Checked with a digital one.* Only 3% difference.* Which I think would
slightly exaggerate the change I'd feel.

I think the problem is that the room isn't even throughout, they never
are.* I'm feeling the air in the middle as I walk through the door, the
thermometers were on the wall at the edge.

Was somone murdered in that room ?. Ghost ??

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 11 Dec 2019 12:49:13 +0000, Andrew, another mentally deficient,
notorious, troll-feeding senile idiot, babbled again:

Was somone murdered in that room ?. Ghost ??

Yeah, THAT's the kind of retarded "conversation" that the troll and all you
troll-feeding senile idiots will thrive on! BG
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 11 Dec 2019 12:49:13 -0000, Andrew wrote:

On 10/12/2019 21:41, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Tue, 10 Dec 2019 20:51:30 -0000, Bob wrote:

I have three thermometers, they read the same when placed next to
each other. Put one in another room, and it reads colder, yet I can
feel as I walk into the room that it's warmer.

Maybe check humidity in both rooms with a sling psychrometer?

Checked with a digital one. Only 3% difference. Which I think would
slightly exaggerate the change I'd feel.

I think the problem is that the room isn't even throughout, they never
are. I'm feeling the air in the middle as I walk through the door, the
thermometers were on the wall at the edge.

Was somone murdered in that room ?. Ghost ??

I'm not admitting to that in public.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 10 December 2019 21:41:39 UTC, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Tue, 10 Dec 2019 20:51:30 -0000, Bob wrote:

I have three thermometers, they read the same when placed next to each other. Put one in another room, and it reads colder, yet I can feel as I walk into the room that it's warmer.

Maybe check humidity in both rooms with a sling psychrometer?

Checked with a digital one. Only 3% difference. Which I think would slightly exaggerate the change I'd feel.

Then stop feeling yourself, any excuse is it ?

I think the problem is that the room isn't even throughout,

why should it be, heat rises, cold falls.

I thought you knew physics.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 11 Dec 2019 07:13:20 -0800 (PST), whisky-depraved, the notorious,

Then stop feeling yourself, any excuse is it ?

The ****** doesn't need to feel himself as long as YOU are around, you
sucker of troll cock!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/12/2019 15:13, whisky-dave wrote:
On Tuesday, 10 December 2019 21:41:39 UTC, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Tue, 10 Dec 2019 20:51:30 -0000, Bob wrote:

I have three thermometers, they read the same when placed next to each other. Put one in another room, and it reads colder, yet I can feel as I walk into the room that it's warmer.

Maybe check humidity in both rooms with a sling psychrometer?

Checked with a digital one. Only 3% difference. Which I think would slightly exaggerate the change I'd feel.

Then stop feeling yourself, any excuse is it ?

I think the problem is that the room isn't even throughout,

why should it be, heat rises, cold falls.

I thought you knew physics.

Err, are you sure that you do ?.

HOT AIR rises(cos it expands). COLD AIR sinks (cos it contracts).

Heat is radiated, conducted or ...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 12 Dec 2019 19:15:21 -0000, Andrew wrote:

On 11/12/2019 15:13, whisky-dave wrote:
On Tuesday, 10 December 2019 21:41:39 UTC, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Tue, 10 Dec 2019 20:51:30 -0000, Bob wrote:

I have three thermometers, they read the same when placed next to each other. Put one in another room, and it reads colder, yet I can feel as I walk into the room that it's warmer.

Maybe check humidity in both rooms with a sling psychrometer?

Checked with a digital one. Only 3% difference. Which I think would slightly exaggerate the change I'd feel.

Then stop feeling yourself, any excuse is it ?

I think the problem is that the room isn't even throughout,

why should it be, heat rises, cold falls.

I thought you knew physics.

Err, are you sure that you do ?.

HOT AIR rises(cos it expands). COLD AIR sinks (cos it contracts).

That's precisely what he just said.

Heat is radiated, conducted or ...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 12 December 2019 19:15:28 UTC, Andrew wrote:
On 11/12/2019 15:13, whisky-dave wrote:
On Tuesday, 10 December 2019 21:41:39 UTC, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Tue, 10 Dec 2019 20:51:30 -0000, Bob wrote:

I have three thermometers, they read the same when placed next to each other. Put one in another room, and it reads colder, yet I can feel as I walk into the room that it's warmer.

Maybe check humidity in both rooms with a sling psychrometer?

Checked with a digital one. Only 3% difference. Which I think would slightly exaggerate the change I'd feel.

Then stop feeling yourself, any excuse is it ?

I think the problem is that the room isn't even throughout,

why should it be, heat rises, cold falls.

I thought you knew physics.

Err, are you sure that you do ?.

Yes.

HOT AIR rises(cos it expands). COLD AIR sinks (cos it contracts).

yes I know.

Hot tea rises too, and cold tea would sink.

Heat is radiated, conducted or ...

yes via convection in the case we are talking about.

But if someone is walking around the room then that too would change things
and perhaps conduction would play a small part.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 11 Dec 2019 15:13:20 -0000, whisky-dave wrote:

On Tuesday, 10 December 2019 21:41:39 UTC, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Tue, 10 Dec 2019 20:51:30 -0000, Bob wrote:

I have three thermometers, they read the same when placed next to each other. Put one in another room, and it reads colder, yet I can feel as I walk into the room that it's warmer.

Maybe check humidity in both rooms with a sling psychrometer?

Checked with a digital one. Only 3% difference. Which I think would slightly exaggerate the change I'd feel.

Then stop feeling yourself, any excuse is it ?

I don't need to use my hands for that.
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

I have three thermometers, they read the same when placed next to each
other. Put one in another room, and it reads colder, yet I can feel as I
walk into the room that it's warmer.

They don't agree Because one is Republican, the other is Democrat and
the third is most likely Libertarian.
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On 10/12/2019 20:57, Hawk wrote:
I have three thermometers, they read the same when placed next to each
other. Put one in another room, and it reads colder, yet I can feel as
I walk into the room that it's warmer.

They don't agree Because one is Republican, the other is Democrat and
the third is most likely Libertarian.

Or the humidity is different

In a humid summer I want my car at 19C. In dry cold winder 22 is more
the mark.

--
Of what good are dead warriors? €¦ Warriors are those who desire battle
more than peace. Those who seek battle despite peace. Those who thump

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On 12/11/2019 2:24 AM, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 10/12/2019 20:57, Hawk wrote:
I have three thermometers, they read the same when placed next to
each other. Put one in another room, and it reads colder, yet I can
feel as I walk into the room that it's warmer.

They don't agree Because one is Republican, the other is Democrat and
the third is most likely Libertarian.

Or the humidity is different

In a humid summer I want my car at 19C. In dry cold winder 22 is more
the mark.

Set mine at 22C on the last few cars and never change it. Love good
climate control in a car.

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On 10/12/2019 20:57, Hawk wrote:
I have three thermometers, they read the same when placed next to
each other. Put one in another room, and it reads colder, yet I can
feel as I walk into the room that it's warmer.

They don't agree Because one is Republican, the other is Democrat and
the third is most likely Libertarian.

Or the humidity is different

In a humid summer I want my car at 19C. In dry cold winder 22 is more
the mark.

Set mine at 22C on the last few cars and never change it. Love good
climate control in a car.

I'm just happy if I can see out the bloody window. Who the hell thought it would be a good idea to populate an island (the UK)? It's just wet, all the bloody time. Windows are always steamed up. Cars get damp and mouldy inside.
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

newsp.0cpaimylwdg98l@glass...

On 10/12/2019 20:57, Hawk wrote:
I have three thermometers, they read the same when placed next to
each other. Put one in another room, and it reads colder, yet I can
feel as I walk into the room that it's warmer.

They don't agree Because one is Republican, the other is Democrat and
the third is most likely Libertarian.

Or the humidity is different

In a humid summer I want my car at 19C. In dry cold winder 22 is more
the mark.

Set mine at 22C on the last few cars and never change it. Love good
climate control in a car.

I'm just happy if I can see out the bloody window. Who the hell thought
it would be a good idea to populate an island (the UK)? It's just wet,
all the bloody time. Windows are always steamed up. Cars get damp and
mouldy inside.

That's why so many of you lot left.

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

[snip]

I'm just happy if I can see out the bloody window.* Who the hell thought
it would be a good idea to populate an island (the UK)?* It's just wet,
all the bloody time.* Windows are always steamed up.* Cars get damp and
mouldy inside.

The day I took my grandmother to a hospital in another city, the weather
was like that. I had to use the A/C, but being cold was preferable to
not being able to see.

--
12 days until the winter celebration (Wed, Dec 25, 2019 12:00:00 AM for
1 day).

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as
false, and by the rulers as useful." -- Seneca (4 BCE - 65 CE), Roman
philosopher and dramatist
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 11 Dec 2019 07:24:12 -0000, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

On 10/12/2019 20:57, Hawk wrote:
I have three thermometers, they read the same when placed next to each
other. Put one in another room, and it reads colder, yet I can feel as
I walk into the room that it's warmer.

They don't agree Because one is Republican, the other is Democrat and
the third is most likely Libertarian.

Or the humidity is different

In a humid summer I want my car at 19C. In dry cold winder 22 is more
the mark.

I'm really not that fussy.

And what you're saying appears to be backwards. When it's humid, temperatures feel more extreme either way (think butterfly house - 100% humidity, your sweat can't evaporate), so you should be feeling not quite as cold when the winter is dry. Although I've never know a dry winter. Winter is usually 100% humidity here in Scotland. That means your skin is damp and you feel colder. A dry winter should feel a bit warmer.