troubleinstore

Default Ideas please - Triton T80 Shhower

Hi all, I would value your thoughts on the following.

I have a Triton T80 shower over the bath.

We use the same heat setting all the time.

Switch it on and it is ok for awhile then the unit switches
itself off. Even the Neon indicator goes off.

Leave for 10 minutes or so and it works ok again.

The water pressure is ok. Nothing wrong there.

The electrics to the shower are ok.

I think it is possibly 1 or 3 things:-
a..... heating elements
b..... Thermal cutout
c..... Solenoid valve

Your thoughts most welcome
--
troubleinstore
http://www.tuppencechange.co.uk

---

Lurch

On Sun, 8 Aug 2004 11:45:21 +0100, "troubleinstore"
strung together this:

I think it is possibly 1 or 3 things:-
a..... heating elements
b..... Thermal cutout
c..... Solenoid valve

I'd go for b.
--

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd
Rob Graham

"troubleinstore" wrote in message ...
Hi all, I would value your thoughts on the following.

I have a Triton T80 shower over the bath.

We use the same heat setting all the time.

Switch it on and it is ok for awhile then the unit switches
itself off. Even the Neon indicator goes off.

Leave for 10 minutes or so and it works ok again.

The water pressure is ok. Nothing wrong there.

The electrics to the shower are ok.

I think it is possibly 1 or 3 things:-
a..... heating elements
b..... Thermal cutout
c..... Solenoid valve

Your thoughts most welcome
--
troubleinstore
http://www.tuppencechange.co.uk

The cover comes off these showers pretty easily - one screw top and
bottom (having of course made sure that it is isolated). You then
should be able to work out the circuit and which theremostat is
causing the bother as that is what it sounds like. I had the one on
the output pack in sometime back which meant the water went cold in
the middle of a shower ... and it always happened to my wife and never
to me! On the basis of being accused as being the boorish male it
took some time before I was convinced of the fault!

Triton have a web site that you can order spares from.

Rob
Pete C

wrote:

I think it is possibly 1 or 3 things:-
a..... heating elements
b..... Thermal cutout
c..... Solenoid valved

also...?

d..... Scaled up
e..... Loose connection
f..... Marginal water pressure

cheers,
Pete.
troubleinstore

news
wrote:

I think it is possibly 1 or 3 things:-
a..... heating elements
b..... Thermal cutout
c..... Solenoid valved

also...?

d..... Scaled up
e..... Loose connection
f..... Marginal water pressure

cheers,
Pete.

Here's an update to the problem.

Having a copy of the circuit diagram and parts list for the Triton shower in
the original installation and user book, I rang Triton and asked if the
parts were still available for this shower. Aparently the same parts are
pretty universal to alot of their showers.
I ordered a Thermal Cutout on Monday afternoon and it was here by 10am
Tuesday morning. Fitted it in the afternoon and tested it, wife was wanting
to shower. Test failed. 3.5 minutes into the test, it switched off.
I phoned Triton technical helpline and the chap at the other end asked
several question. His advice was to fgit a new solenoid. Well that was
purchased and am expecting the posty to bring it this morning.
Will keep you posted.
--
troubleinstore
http://www.tuppencechange.co.uk
Personal mail can be sent via website.
Email address in posting is ficticious and is intended as spam trap

---

Pete C

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 09:07:37 +0100, "troubleinstore"
wrote:

Hi,

Sounds like it's a partial blockage causing it to overheat, though it
could be a poor connection that's heat related.

So in order of likelihood:

a. Scaled up heater tank, shower head or blocked inlet strainer
b. Loose connection, possibly to heater or solenoid
c. Open circuit in heater tank or solenoid or switch etc
d. Solenoid not opening fully
e. Marginal water pressure or water pipe blockage before shower

The service manual for the shower may have other reasons and a better
fault diagnosis.

cheers,
Pete.
troubleinstore

"troubleinstore" wrote in message

news
wrote:

[...]

Here's the update.
The posty arrived with the new solenoid and I fitted it this afternoon.
It worked. Shower on for 10 mins on high heat setting number 2 and all was
well.
My thanks to those kind people at Triton and the speed of their service.

Triton T80 replacement Kevin UK diy 6 June 4th 04 05:30 PM
Any Ideas For Organizing A Contractors Work Van? michael_m_MT Woodworking 4 March 18th 04 08:32 AM
question on air compressors and Xmas gift ideas Kathleen Woodworking 2 November 25th 03 01:33 AM
question on air compressors and other xmas gift ideas Kathleen Woodworking 6 November 24th 03 07:26 PM