Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Mouldy workshop roof

New house has a brick built workshop with a much neglected flat roof, felt over OSB. The roof is seriously mouldy in places - I can ram my wrecking bar right through it. Pitch is about 1 in 40. The timbers, at least the ones I've checked, have a fair covering of mould in places, but appear otherwise sound.

The rough plan is:

Strip it back to the rafters.
Scrape off mould where necessary
Treat timbers with something (what?? Bearing in mind I want to share airspace with these timbers later, though I suppose chucking up some plasterboard is alright if I have to).
Cover with OSB 3, tarp cover while I wait for non-freezing dry weather, then EDPM.

Mouldy attic/Mossy Roof AnthonyL UK diy 17 May 25th 17 01:02 PM
Mouldy plastic plumbing Lee UK diy 4 January 11th 07 11:18 AM
Painting a mouldy ceiling Jason UK diy 5 September 3rd 06 04:05 PM
Smoothover Walls. Gone Mouldy! only me UK diy 1 April 29th 06 01:29 AM
mouldy sandbags [email protected] UK diy 3 August 28th 05 07:47 PM