Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] ben@blaukopf.com is offline

Default Mouldy workshop roof

On Tuesday, November 26, 2019 at 8:48:13 PM UTC, wrote:
On Tuesday, November 26, 2019 at 10:07:42 AM UTC, Martin Brown wrote:
On 23/11/2019 22:56, wrote:
New house has a brick built workshop with a much neglected flat roof,
felt over OSB. The roof is seriously mouldy in places - I can ram my
wrecking bar right through it. Pitch is about 1 in 40. The timbers,
at least the ones I've checked, have a fair covering of mould in
places, but appear otherwise sound.

It isn't clear from your description if you mean mould or rot.

https://flic.kr/p/2hRAzS6 - apparently a thin surface layer on the timber which still seems solid (poking from ground level with a rod). The whiter layer on the OSB to the top-left of pic is a much thicker layer.

Fair point. I'm no expert. I will take some photos and do some more poking at the structure.

If it IS rot, then I will probably strip the whole lot and rebuild it with an increased pitch, which will at least be a fun job. Might even put in a planning application and put a proper roof on it.