Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default How to take stannah 600 Chair off rail

Want to remove chair from rail to relocate. Understand how to remove balance
of equipment.. Also have installation manual not very helpful. Seems
manufacture designed that way.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...l-1394263-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article rect.com,
John m writes
Want to remove chair from rail to relocate. Understand how to remove balance
of equipment.. Also have installation manual not very helpful. Seems
manufacture designed that way.

Probably written by Hayes. Removal is the opposite of installation.
--
bert
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/11/2019 20:14, John wrote:
Want to remove chair from rail to relocate. Understand how to remove
balance
of equipment.. Also have installation manual not very helpful. Seems
manufacture designed that way.

Not sure what my model was but I think they are all similar, there are
mechanical stops that have to be removed at the top or the bottom,
depending on which is more convenient. You need to use the hand wind
once the electrics is disconnected, this is very slow indeed. It's not
too difficult to make up an adaptor to fit into a cordless drill.

IMHO they are designed to be difficult to DIY (e.g. for replacing
batteries).
Posted to uk.d-i-y

newshound presented the following explanation :
IMHO they are designed to be difficult to DIY (e.g. for replacing batteries).

The batteries are extremely easy to replace - a couple of fixings
retaining a plastic cover, then just disconnect and pull them out.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/11/2019 07:50, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
newshound presented the following explanation :
IMHO they are designed to be difficult to DIY (e.g. for replacing
batteries).

The batteries are extremely easy to replace - a couple of fixings
retaining a plastic cover, then just disconnect and pull them out.

Wasn't at all obvious on my model. I only figured out how to do it when
I needed to take it off the rail, which involved a lot of grovelling
around on the floor, and even then it was not particularly easy.

can i change my stannah 420 chair with another same model 420 still useing same rail richard UK diy 1 February 10th 18 05:42 PM
Stannah stair lifts newshound UK diy 8 December 4th 15 08:14 PM
Stannah stair lifts Neil Bush UK diy 12 June 5th 14 08:59 PM
Stannah Stairlift 420 this ain't cutting it Tekkie® Home Repair 0 April 19th 14 01:26 AM
laminating a chair back rail/ bandsawing a chair back rail Toller Woodworking 8 October 13th 06 06:07 PM