DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   How to take stannah 600 Chair off rail (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/642176-how-take-stannah-600-chair-off-rail.html)

John November 22nd 19 08:14 PM

How to take stannah 600 Chair off rail

Want to remove chair from rail to relocate. Understand how to remove balance
of equipment.. Also have installation manual not very helpful. Seems
manufacture designed that way.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...l-1394263-.htm

bert[_7_] November 22nd 19 09:03 PM

How to take stannah 600 Chair off rail

In article rect.com,
John m writes
Want to remove chair from rail to relocate. Understand how to remove balance
of equipment.. Also have installation manual not very helpful. Seems
manufacture designed that way.

Probably written by Hayes. Removal is the opposite of installation.
--
bert

newshound November 22nd 19 10:13 PM

On 22/11/2019 20:14, John wrote:
Want to remove chair from rail to relocate. Understand how to remove
balance
of equipment.. Also have installation manual not very helpful. Seems
manufacture designed that way.

Not sure what my model was but I think they are all similar, there are
mechanical stops that have to be removed at the top or the bottom,
depending on which is more convenient. You need to use the hand wind
once the electrics is disconnected, this is very slow indeed. It's not
too difficult to make up an adaptor to fit into a cordless drill.

IMHO they are designed to be difficult to DIY (e.g. for replacing
batteries).

Harry Bloomfield, Esq. November 23rd 19 07:50 AM

How to take stannah 600 Chair off rail

newshound presented the following explanation :
IMHO they are designed to be difficult to DIY (e.g. for replacing batteries).

The batteries are extremely easy to replace - a couple of fixings
retaining a plastic cover, then just disconnect and pull them out.

newshound November 23rd 19 07:24 PM

On 23/11/2019 07:50, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
newshound presented the following explanation :
IMHO they are designed to be difficult to DIY (e.g. for replacing
batteries).

The batteries are extremely easy to replace - a couple of fixings
retaining a plastic cover, then just disconnect and pull them out.

Wasn't at all obvious on my model. I only figured out how to do it when
I needed to take it off the rail, which involved a lot of grovelling
around on the floor, and even then it was not particularly easy.