Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 'Daylight' LED lights

On 23/11/2019 14:21, alan_m wrote:
In article ,
Â*Â*Â* alan_m wrote:
All large supermarkets will use different colour temperature light
fittings over the fruit and fresh meat counters. With (green) grapes you
cannot see the over-ripe ones until you view them under the lighting in
other parts of the store.

Which does rather show the importance of using decent continuous spectrum
lighting of the correct colour temperature. Unless you like not being
able
to see things at home.

That's why you need daylight type bulbs at home. Supermarkets use
different colour temperature lights not to give you true information
about their products but to disguise anything that may look unappetising
or a bit dodgy.

I do appreciate that those who not do want to see the dust/dirt and
perhaps have a poor hygiene cleaning regime in their homes will always
opt for the more traditional artificial warm white lighting.

Very droll :-)

--
Cheers, Rob
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24/11/2019 15:15:15, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Fredxx wrote:
On 24/11/2019 12:56:08, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Ray wrote:
Which does rather show the importance of using decent continuous
spectrum lighting of the correct colour temperature. Unless you like
not being able to see things at home.

Doesn€˜t have to be continuous spectrum. The Philips Hue white ambiance
works fine for being able to see if the green grapes are over ripe.

Green isn't the only colour in the spectrum.

Nor is it the only colour in a discontinuous spectrum. What's your point?

The one I made and you've quoted at the top of this post. Which bit didn't
you understand?

The point you were making is you didn't know there were more colours
than green in a discontinuous spectrum.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/11/2019 18:03, Sn!pe wrote:
We painted our walls in 'Calico' #e3ba93 (it looks a
lot lighter on the walls.) When we installed CFLs it
looked like baby ****. Fortunately, I had laid in a
stock of Chinese incandescent lamps before they became
illegal.

Try some other LEDs. We've got Calico, and never had that impression.

Andy
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Vir Campestris" wrote in message
On 23/11/2019 18:03, Sn!pe wrote:
We painted our walls in 'Calico' #e3ba93 (it looks a
lot lighter on the walls.) When we installed CFLs it
looked like baby ****. Fortunately, I had laid in a
stock of Chinese incandescent lamps before they became
illegal.

Try some other LEDs. We've got Calico, and never had that impression.

I've not noticed odd colour rendition with CFLs or LEDs, *in normal usage*.
I can see differences in photographs if I do a test with specific coloured
objects (eg red is darker and blue becomes more violet), having
auto-balanced the camera against a sheet of white paper illuminated by the
relevant light for each test. What I have noticed with "daylight" CFLs is a
faint greenish cast in a room lit by them when my eyes are adjusted to a
room lit by daylight LED bulbs or "tungsten" LEDs.

Colour charts for paint are notoriously inaccurate. We bought some
"terracotta" emulsion paint, judging the colour from the colour chart and
from the paint in the transparent plastic "tin" that it came in. It was the
correct colour when it went on, but it dried a much lighter pink rather than
a darker colour of a terracotta plant pot.

Then we bought some very pale green paint for the bathroom, and that dried
vivid, almost fluorescent green. So we bought some replacement paint which
looked very pale green on the colour chart (though pale blue when viewed on
the online colour chart). Given that the colour was described as "Jade
White" you'd expect green. But it was actually pale blue. We decided to live
with that. And both of us see it as blue on the wall (and both of us saw it
as green on the colour chart), so it's not a problem with one of us having
funny colour perception.

OK, there are some things my wife and I *do* see differently. Remember "that
dress" which was the topic of hot debate on the internet the other year? I
see it as white (or very pale blue) and gold, whereas my wife sees it as it
should be (mid blue and black). I think, in the absence of any reference
point, my guess of white and gold is more plausible (allowing for camera
possible balanced for tungsten light, but viewing something in daylight),
and that it was evidently *very* overexposed making mid blue and black
render as pale blue and gold (as determined by the RGB values) in the
photo). So the mystery is how a sizeable proportion of the population were
able (correctly) to make a very large correction for a grossly overexposed
photo, rather than seeing it as the photo reproduced it.

Likewise, we beg to differ on the "yanni/laurel" audio clip that was being
discussed earlier this year.

LED "Daylight" bulbs EricP UK diy 35 May 4th 15 09:04 PM
Christmas Lights Los Angeles 310-925-1720 christmaslightinginstall.blogs… — Christmas Lights Los Angeles 310-925-1720 We sale christmas lights and install them for you, house lights, holiday lights, trees lights, christmas lights Now You Know Home Repair 0 November 24th 08 07:02 PM
Lights Lights Christmas Lights Installation Los Angeles, BeverlyHills, Santa Monica, Culver City, Marina Del Rey, Calabasas, Agoura HillsThousand Oaks Holiday Lights Installation 1-310-925-1720 Now You Know Home Repair 0 November 15th 08 02:25 AM
selling led lighting such as led christmas light,led decorative light,led house lamp led lighting UK diy 0 February 6th 07 06:45 AM
LED,LED Lamp,LED Lights,LED Display,Automotive Lamp,LED Chip,LED Module [email protected] Electronics 0 December 4th 05 11:08 AM