Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Good toasting bread

Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote

You need extra thick sliced for that to happen I think.

Yep. as thick as will still go in the toaster and
with a toaster that will take the thickest bread.

That half and half stuff I quite like,

Yeah, when I was a little kid I used to call it toast with
bread in the middle and I still much prefer it today
with my own multigrain made in the bread machine.

but it is off course very much a personal taste thing.

Yeah, someone else who posts here actually prefers that
awful Chorleywood tasteless blotting paper excuse for bread.

"Chris Hogg" wrote in message
Until recently, I've always used Burgen soy and linseed bread as I'm
pre-diabetic and it has a lower carbohydrate content than most
ordinary breads. But the one local supermarket that stocks it either
only has a limited supply and runs out very quickly or has stopped
stocking it, and I'm having to eat 'ordinary' bread.

I mostly toast my bread, but so far I reckon I could make nicer stuff
myself using cardboard paste and baking powder. They're awful!

Can anyone recommend a good toasting bread that browns on the outside
but doesn't go crisp and brittle right through, and doesn't
immediately dissolve into textureless paste in your mouth when you
start to chew it?

--

Chris

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default UNBELIEVABLE: It's 06:35 am in Australia and the Senile Ozzietard has been out of Bed and TROLLING for OVER FIVE HOURS already!!!! LOL

On Thu, 21 Nov 2019 06:35:38 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH troll****

Is the day already dawning in Australia, senile Rodent ...after you've been
up and trolling ALL NIGHT, yet again, you clinically insane senile pest?
BG

"That¢s because so much **** and ****e emanates from your gob that there is
and the end of prick is only clear because you are such a ******."