Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Capping a brick garden wall

Son-in-law has heeded my suggestion to have their garden wall capped as
some of the bricks are spalling due to rain and frost. The wall is the
width of a brick length. There is no tile type of thing under the top
course.

Any suggestions on what to be asking for as a coping brick? I fear he will
get a "mate" to do whatever his mate says.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 12/11/2019 13:04, John wrote:
Son-in-law has heeded my suggestion to have their garden wall capped as
some of the bricks are spalling due to rain and frost. The wall is the
width of a brick length. There is no tile type of thing under the top
course.

Any suggestions on what to be asking for as a coping brick? I fear he will
get a "mate" to do whatever his mate says.

a quality engineering brick will resist the rain itself and also protect
what is below, but they are not so cheap.

Ask the builders merchant

--
€œThe ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to
fill the world with fools.€

Herbert Spencer
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 12 November 2019 13:04:12 UTC, John wrote:
Son-in-law has heeded my suggestion to have their garden wall capped as
some of the bricks are spalling due to rain and frost. The wall is the
width of a brick length. There is no tile type of thing under the top
course.

Any suggestions on what to be asking for as a coping brick? I fear he will
get a "mate" to do whatever his mate says.

Are we too late ;-)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-50389468
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article 2,
John wrote:
Son-in-law has heeded my suggestion to have their garden wall capped as
some of the bricks are spalling due to rain and frost. The wall is the
width of a brick length. There is no tile type of thing under the top
course.

Any suggestions on what to be asking for as a coping brick? I fear he
will get a "mate" to do whatever his mate says.

Cast concrete coping stones? Or real stone if you want something older
looking.

--
*The older you get, the better you realize you were.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 12/11/2019 13:38, whisky-dave wrote:
On Tuesday, 12 November 2019 13:04:12 UTC, John wrote:
Son-in-law has heeded my suggestion to have their garden wall capped as
some of the bricks are spalling due to rain and frost. The wall is the
width of a brick length. There is no tile type of thing under the top
course.

Any suggestions on what to be asking for as a coping brick? I fear he will
get a "mate" to do whatever his mate says.

Are we too late ;-)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-50389468

1000 years? Should have been replaced with reinforced concrete years
ago. Where is health and safety?

--
Max Demian

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 12/11/2019 13:04, John wrote:
Son-in-law has heeded my suggestion to have their garden wall capped as
some of the bricks are spalling due to rain and frost. The wall is the
width of a brick length. There is no tile type of thing under the top
course.

Any suggestions on what to be asking for as a coping brick? I fear he
will
get a "mate" to do whatever his mate says.

a quality engineering brick will resist the rain itself and also protect
what is below, but they are not so cheap.

Ask the builders merchant

Nor are they frost-proof.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Max Demian" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 12/11/2019 13:38, whisky-dave wrote:
On Tuesday, 12 November 2019 13:04:12 UTC, John wrote:
Son-in-law has heeded my suggestion to have their garden wall capped as
some of the bricks are spalling due to rain and frost. The wall is the
width of a brick length. There is no tile type of thing under the top
course.

Any suggestions on what to be asking for as a coping brick? I fear he
will
get a "mate" to do whatever his mate says.

Are we too late ;-)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-50389468

1000 years? Should have been replaced with reinforced concrete years ago.
Where is health and safety?

Dead under that immense pile of rubble.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lonely Psychotic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert!

On Wed, 13 Nov 2019 09:37:28 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Dead under that immense pile of rubble.

YOU will be, SOON, you idiotic 85-year-old trolling senile pest!

--
Bod addressing senile Rot:
"Rod, you have a sick twisted mind. I suggest you stop your mindless

Capping a brick wall John UK diy 12 October 24th 19 09:44 AM
Brick Garden Wall DerbyBorn[_5_] UK diy 1 August 8th 17 02:37 PM
Tying a new brick wall into the ends of two existing brick walls NY UK diy 7 May 29th 17 12:09 AM
FLAT Capping for meter tails chased into a breeze block wall. Stephen H UK diy 19 February 19th 13 05:53 PM
U values... I thought brick/cavity/brick wall was 1.73... [email protected] UK diy 6 December 3rd 12 05:27 PM