Mike Mitchell

Default Obscure glass in bathroom/loo: legal requirement?

I don't like not being able to see out. As nobody can see in, why do I
have to have obscure glass in my bathroom and loo, upstairs, separate
rooms?

MM
John Rumm

Mike Mitchell wrote:

I don't like not being able to see out. As nobody can see in, why do I
have to have obscure glass in my bathroom and loo, upstairs, separate
rooms?

Not aware of it being a legal requirement... Nothing obvious in the
building regs that I have seen either.

--
Cheers,

John.

mrcheerful

"Mike Mitchell" wrote in message
I don't like not being able to see out. As nobody can see in, why do I
have to have obscure glass in my bathroom and loo, upstairs, separate
rooms?

MM

I have "been" in several bathrooms on ground and upstairs levels with clear
windows, usually with nets and curtains or blinds, I prefer it.

Richard Sterry

Mike Mitchell wrote:
I don't like not being able to see out. As nobody can see in, why do I
have to have obscure glass in my bathroom and loo, upstairs, separate
rooms?

Why did Concorde have frosted glass in the loo compartment window? Who is
going to look in at 60,000ft?? ;-)

Rick

Colin Wilson

Why did Concorde have frosted glass in the loo compartment window? Who is
going to look in at 60,000ft?? ;-)

You been listening to the rather funny after-dinner speech by David
Gunson ? (what goes up may come down) - if not, its recommended :-p

Richard Sterry

Colin Wilson wrote:
Why did Concorde have frosted glass in the loo compartment window? Who is
going to look in at 60,000ft?? ;-)

You been listening to the rather funny after-dinner speech by David
Gunson ? (what goes up may come down) - if not, its recommended :-p

Right in one! :-))

Rick

mrcheerful

"Richard Sterry" wrote in message
Colin Wilson wrote:
Why did Concorde have frosted glass in the loo compartment window? Who

is
going to look in at 60,000ft?? ;-)

You been listening to the rather funny after-dinner speech by David
Gunson ? (what goes up may come down) - if not, its recommended :-p

Right in one! :-))

Rick

but that is a billy connelly joke from twenty years ago.

Colin Wilson

You been listening to the rather funny after-dinner speech by David
Gunson ? (what goes up may come down) - if not, its recommended :-p

Right in one! :-))

if you own an airfield, they`re difficult to hide... people notice the
odd jet going in and out...

....consequently the government know where 80% of the airfields are :-p

Colin Wilson

Why did Concorde have frosted glass in the loo compartment window? Who
is going to look in at 60,000ft?? ;-)

but that is a billy connelly joke from twenty years ago.

I have a sneaking feeling David Gunson was in with it first though - its
(C)1982...

Richard Sterry

Mike Mitchell wrote:
I don't like not being able to see out. As nobody can see in, why do I
have to have obscure glass in my bathroom and loo, upstairs, separate
rooms?

Why did Concorde have frosted glass in the loo compartment window? Who is
going to look in at 60,000ft?? ;-)

Rick

Superman??

Remember the Carling Black Label advert, with the jet passenger turning to
see a window cleaner outside?

Rick

Ian Stirling

Mike Mitchell wrote:
I don't like not being able to see out. As nobody can see in, why do I
have to have obscure glass in my bathroom and loo, upstairs, separate
rooms?

Why did Concorde have frosted glass in the loo compartment window? Who is
going to look in at 60,000ft?? ;-)

Rick

Superman??

Or nowadays, anyone with a ladder.
John Rumm

Mike Mitchell wrote:

I don't like not being able to see out. As nobody can see in, why do I
have to have obscure glass in my bathroom and loo, upstairs, separate
rooms?

Why did Concorde have frosted glass in the loo compartment window? Who is
going to look in at 60,000ft?? ;-)

Rick

Superman??

Only if the plane has wheelchair access though ;-}}

--
Cheers,

John.

:::Jerry::::

"Richard Sterry" wrote in message
Vernon wrote:

snip

Why did Concorde have frosted glass in the loo compartment window? Who

is
going to look in at 60,000ft?? ;-)

Superman??

Remember the Carling Black Label advert, with the jet passenger turning to
see a window cleaner outside?

Wasn't there a sketch by someone like Hancock or Kenneth Williams tapping on
the flight deck window and asking to let in, whilst complaining it was a bit
cold at 30.000 ft ?!

Andy Hall

Mike Mitchell wrote:

I don't like not being able to see out. As nobody can see in, why do I
have to have obscure glass in my bathroom and loo, upstairs, separate
rooms?

Why did Concorde have frosted glass in the loo compartment window? Who is
going to look in at 60,000ft?? ;-)

Rick

Superman??

Only if the plane has wheelchair access though ;-}}

Now that's cruel. However, I did almost wet myself :-)

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

OldScrawn

Wasn't there a sketch by someone like Hancock or Kenneth Williams tapping on
the flight deck window and asking to let in, whilst complaining it was a bit
cold at 30.000 ft ?!

Almost; Hancock was a test pilot & Williams the mechanic working on the tail
when he took off. Includes memorable lines like "Get your boot of my joystick"
and "What does this do" "Don't touch that!" "bang"
John Rumm

Mike Mitchell wrote:

Why did Concorde have frosted glass in the loo compartment window? Who is
going to look in at 60,000ft?? ;-)

God, of course!

Just think, you could be sat there on the throne, only to have him look
through the window and start telling you that you ought to fit a combi
bolier over the sink!

--
Cheers,

John.

raden

In message , Vernon
writes

Mike Mitchell wrote:
I don't like not being able to see out. As nobody can see in, why do I
have to have obscure glass in my bathroom and loo, upstairs, separate
rooms?

Why did Concorde have frosted glass in the loo compartment window? Who is
going to look in at 60,000ft?? ;-)

Rick

Superman??

Even I resisted that one

--
geoff

Jerry Built

"mrcheerful ." wrote:
I have "been" in several bathrooms on ground and upstairs
levels with clear windows, usually with nets and curtains
or blinds, I prefer it.

If the window has any height, you can put a net on the
"bottom" half.... this works well with sliding sash windows.

J.B.

N. Thornton

Jerry Built wrote in message .. .
"mrcheerful ." wrote:
I have "been" in several bathrooms on ground and upstairs
levels with clear windows, usually with nets and curtains
or blinds, I prefer it.

If the window has any height, you can put a net on the
"bottom" half.... this works well with sliding sash windows.

Just be aware that obscure glass does not necessarily mean you cant
see in. Test it when its dark outside and youve got the loo light on,
migh be some suprises. Curtains.

NT
Mary Fisher

"Mike Mitchell" wrote in message
I don't like not being able to see out. As nobody can see in, why do I
have to have obscure glass in my bathroom and loo, upstairs, separate
rooms?

Many years ago I said that I didn't want pebble glass in our casement
windows in the bathroom, it was a waste of the view .Spouse replaced them
with one single double glazed panel which does have a blind but we rarely
use it. I love seeing the garden through the clear glass, it's the best view
in the whole house. Yes, I can see the neighbours from our backside (as they
introduced themselves) and they can see us but wotthehell archie ...

The lavatory is separate from the bathroom, that also has clear glass.
No-one could possible see what was going on in there so there isn't even a
blind. I love to see the night sky from there, the moon, stars ... which
have been denied me from the back door since Spouse erected the car port.

Even if our doings could be seen it wouldn't bother me.

Mary

MM

Frank Erskine

In article , Mike Mitchell
writes
I don't like not being able to see out. As nobody can see in, why do I
have to have obscure glass in my bathroom and loo, upstairs, separate
rooms?

I don't have an awful lot to hide ;-)

--
Frank Erskine
Colin Wilson

I don't have an awful lot to hide ;-)

Not related are we ? :-}

Mike Mitchell

On Mon, 9 Aug 2004 22:12:18 +0100, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

"Mike Mitchell" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

You said it much more eloquently than I could! That's exactly right,
though. I, too, could gaze out at the sky from my bath. In my next
property I shall do this!

MM
Mary Fisher

"Frank Erskine" wrote in message
In article , Mike Mitchell
writes
I don't like not being able to see out. As nobody can see in, why do I
have to have obscure glass in my bathroom and loo, upstairs, separate
rooms?

I don't have an awful lot to hide ;-)

I have a lot - no-one would want to look at it.

Mary

--
Frank Erskine

Owain

"Mary Fisher" wrote
| They could get a better picture by buying a paper.

It depends on the paper. The Times offers "Sex with Dr Thomas Stuttaford and
Hannah Betts"; a prospect which I don't find in the least erotic.

Owain

Mary Fisher

"Owain" wrote in message
"Mary Fisher" wrote
| They could get a better picture by buying a paper.

It depends on the paper. The Times offers "Sex with Dr Thomas Stuttaford

and
Hannah Betts"; a prospect which I don't find in the least erotic.

But you'd find the reflection of a bather erotic?

Mary

Owain

Jerry Built

"N. Thornton" wrote:
Just be aware that obscure glass does not necessarily mean you
cant see in. Test it when its dark outside and youve got the
loo light on, migh be some suprises. Curtains.

Same for net curtains.

J.B.

Owain

"Mary Fisher" wrote
| | They could get a better picture by buying a paper.
| It depends on the paper. The Times offers "Sex with Dr Thomas
| Stuttaford and Hannah Betts"; a prospect which I don't find
| in the least erotic.
| But you'd find the reflection of a bather erotic?

It would depend on the bather, but it is at least allowing of the
possibility, unlike any proposed coupling of the two aforementioned
individuals.

Owain

Mary Fisher

"Owain" wrote in message
"Mary Fisher" wrote
| | They could get a better picture by buying a paper.
| It depends on the paper. The Times offers "Sex with Dr Thomas
| Stuttaford and Hannah Betts"; a prospect which I don't find
| in the least erotic.
| But you'd find the reflection of a bather erotic?

It would depend on the bather,

You sound like a deprived man ... :-)

but it is at least allowing of the
possibility, unlike any proposed coupling of the two aforementioned
individuals.

I bow to your greater experience, I've no idea who any of them is.

Mary

Owain

Owain

"Mary Fisher" wrote
| | But you'd find the reflection of a bather erotic?
| It would depend on the bather,
| You sound like a deprived man ... :-)

depraved ;-)

Owain

Mary Fisher

"Owain" wrote in message
"Mary Fisher" wrote
| | But you'd find the reflection of a bather erotic?
| It would depend on the bather,
| You sound like a deprived man ... :-)

depraved ;-)

As well.