Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Broken catch on rear of Bosch Vacuum.

Not sure of the model yet as its in need of sighted help but its the back
panel of the vacuum where some filters reside, and the plastick arms that
are part of the moulding of air exit and catch have sheered,one at the top
one at the bottom. I cannot see how to get the hinged piece off which has a
seal around it, but without the catch of course it just falls open and the
filters all fly out. Any bright ideas? What a Bosch like for spares, is it
one of those the back panel costs half as much as a new cleaner moments?
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 27 Oct 2019 20:18:33 +0000, Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\) wrote:

Not sure of the model yet as its in need of sighted help but its the
back panel of the vacuum where some filters reside, and the plastick
arms that are part of the moulding of air exit and catch have
sheered,one at the top one at the bottom. I cannot see how to get the
hinged piece off which has a seal around it, but without the catch of
course it just falls open and the filters all fly out. Any bright ideas?
What a Bosch like for spares, is it one of those the back panel costs
half as much as a new cleaner moments?

As with many companies, some spares are a reasonable price and others
cost an arm and a leg.

Bosch don't have all spares for the smaller [roducts.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

That was what I'd heard. If its going to be a nightmare, I have ascertained
that two self tapping screws strategically placed and a bit of blanking
plastic for the catch ole might not look elegant but should work. I suppose
the issue with cyclonic cleaners like this one is the frequent need to
disassemble and wash the filters or it just goes into overheat sulk mode
when they clog.
Brian

--
----- --

"Bob Eager" wrote in message
On Sun, 27 Oct 2019 20:18:33 +0000, Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\) wrote:

Not sure of the model yet as its in need of sighted help but its the
back panel of the vacuum where some filters reside, and the plastick
arms that are part of the moulding of air exit and catch have
sheered,one at the top one at the bottom. I cannot see how to get the
hinged piece off which has a seal around it, but without the catch of
course it just falls open and the filters all fly out. Any bright ideas?
What a Bosch like for spares, is it one of those the back panel costs
half as much as a new cleaner moments?

As with many companies, some spares are a reasonable price and others
cost an arm and a leg.

Bosch don't have all spares for the smaller [roducts.

Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org