Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Replacing the rear view camera on a Hyundai iX35

I have a 2014 iX35 and 2 years ago the rearview camera started to play up,
especially when it snowed or heavy rain, but most of the time it functioned.
Hyundai Wolverhampton's stance is that if it's working when you take it in to
have it sorted, then they will not investigate the problem, even though you
report that it stops working after heave rain or snow. The same goes for my
radio that keeps losing it's signal. The day I took it in for sorting it
worked perfectly, so it was returned without any investigation being done.
My rearview camera stopped working all together and after reading that Hyundai
would charge between £200 & £350 to sort it, but several people had bought
new cameras on e-bay or Amazon, I decided to do the same.
There are loads of cameras to choose from. I decided to purchase one off e-bay
for £6.50p, which I fitted in the same location as the original camera. It
even came with a hole cutter, as the fitting was a little larger than the
original hole. There are Youtube videos showing you how to go about changing
the camera, stage by stage which is basically removing 4 screws which allows
you to remove the plastic cover, then 13 nuts, which allows the whole section
that houses the rear number plate lights, the boot opening sensor and the rear
view camera. Once removed you can fit the new camera.
The connections are straight forward Red is 12v dc positive, Black is 12v dc
negative and the yellow is the video feed wire. I soldered the connections, as
the wires are quite small and connectors may well fail.
Best to check that it works correctly, before replacing all the nuts, etc.
Some cameras come in a square housing, and if the housing is not in the
correct plane the view on the screen can be mirrored, or side on. As my camera
was round I could just rotate it into the correct position.

The whole job took me about 3 hours but saved a lot of money.

Hope this helps.

My next job is to sort out the weak aerial signal to the radio, which I
suspect is water getting into the roof pod, which contains the aerial and
amplifier.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...5-1390054-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 25/10/2019 15:14, Michael wrote:
I have a 2014 iX35 and 2 years ago the rearview camera started to play up,
especially when it snowed or heavy rain, but most of the time it
functioned.

Intermittent faults are a bugger. If you had said "please investigate up
to a maximum of £1000" they would probably have done so, but of course
with no guarantee of finding the problem.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 25/10/2019 15:23, newshound wrote:
On 25/10/2019 15:14, Michael wrote:
I have a 2014 iX35 and 2 years ago the rearview camera started to play
up,
especially when it snowed or heavy rain, but most of the time it
functioned.

Intermittent faults are a bugger. If you had said "please investigate up
to a maximum of £1000" they would probably have done so, but of course
with no guarantee of finding the problem.

We had a Golf where the engine would sometimes switch into 'get you
home' mode. By the time you got to the garage the car would be working
perfectly and there was nothing the garage could do.

--
Michael Chare
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Ah the wrong kind of rain I expect.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Michael" m wrote in
message oupdirect.com...
[...]

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Michael" m wrote in
message oupdirect.com...
I have a 2014 iX35 and 2 years ago the rearview camera started to play up,
especially when it snowed or heavy rain, but most of the time it
functioned.
Hyundai Wolverhampton's stance is that if it's working when you take it in
have it sorted, then they will not investigate the problem, even though
you
report that it stops working after heave rain or snow. The same goes for
my
radio that keeps losing it's signal. The day I took it in for sorting it
worked perfectly, so it was returned without any investigation being done.
My rearview camera stopped working all together and after reading that
Hyundai would charge between £200 & £350 to sort it,

It was still under the 5 year warranty and even if it wasnt, you
could have ****ed them over with the fact that you had reported
the fault in the warranty period and then it died completely later.

but several people had bought new cameras on e-bay or Amazon,

Mad.

[...]

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"newshound" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 25/10/2019 15:14, Michael wrote:
I have a 2014 iX35 and 2 years ago the rearview camera started to play
up,
especially when it snowed or heavy rain, but most of the time it
functioned.

Intermittent faults are a bugger. If you had said "please investigate up
to a maximum of £1000" they would probably have done so, but of course
with no guarantee of finding the problem.

But it was covered nu the 5 year warranty.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Michael Chare" wrote in message
On 25/10/2019 15:23, newshound wrote:
On 25/10/2019 15:14, Michael wrote:
I have a 2014 iX35 and 2 years ago the rearview camera started to play
up,
especially when it snowed or heavy rain, but most of the time it
functioned.

Intermittent faults are a bugger. If you had said "please investigate up
to a maximum of £1000" they would probably have done so, but of course
with no guarantee of finding the problem.

We had a Golf where the engine would sometimes switch into 'get you home'
mode. By the time you got to the garage the car would be working
perfectly and there was nothing the garage could do.

The OBD2 e5c would have said why it went into limp home mode.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 26 Oct 2019 11:24:08 +1100, Jane Black, better known as cantankerous

The OBD2 e5c would have said why it went into limp home mode.

I can tell you every day why you are such a miserable asshole, senile
Rodent!

--
Marland revealing the senile sociopath's pathology:
"You have mentioned Alexa in a couple of threads recently, it is not a real

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lonely Psychotic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert! LOL

On Sat, 26 Oct 2019 11:20:11 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Intermittent faults are a bugger. If you had said "please investigate up
to a maximum of £1000" they would probably have done so, but of course
with no guarantee of finding the problem.

But it was covered nu the 5 year warranty.

NOBODY mentioned any warranty or a possible expiration of warranty, you
driveling senile idiot!

--
Kerr-Mudd,John addressing senile Rot:
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 26 Oct 2019 11:18:05 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

I have a 2014 iX35 and 2 years ago the rearview camera started to play up,
especially when it snowed or heavy rain, but most of the time it
functioned.
Hyundai Wolverhampton's stance is that if it's working when you take it in
have it sorted, then they will not investigate the problem, even though
you
report that it stops working after heave rain or snow. The same goes for
my
radio that keeps losing it's signal. The day I took it in for sorting it
worked perfectly, so it was returned without any investigation being done.
My rearview camera stopped working all together and after reading that
Hyundai would charge between £200 & £350 to sort it,

It was still under the 5 year warranty

NOBODY mentioned any warranty or expiration of warranty, you
self-opinionated, self-important, senile cretin!

--
addressing nym-shifting senile Rodent:
"You on the other hand are a heavyweight bull****ter who demonstrates