Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default One car key.....

I bought a car with only one key....what if I cut the key open and glue
the chip to the ignition switch and get a couple of keys cut.....thus
avoiding dealer costs in getting new keys?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 15 October 2019 13:35:09 UTC+1, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
I bought a car with only one key....what if I cut the key open and glue
the chip to the ignition switch and get a couple of keys cut.....thus
avoiding dealer costs in getting new keys?

As long as you're not that bothered about it being stolen, or receiving any payout from your insurance, then go for it.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15/10/2019 14:18, David wrote:
On Tuesday, 15 October 2019 13:35:09 UTC+1, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
I bought a car with only one key....what if I cut the key open and glue
the chip to the ignition switch and get a couple of keys cut.....thus
avoiding dealer costs in getting new keys?

As long as you're not that bothered about it being stolen, or receiving any payout from your insurance, then go for it.

The insurer won't know if it's nicked.

--
Max Demian
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
I bought a car with only one key....what if I cut the key open and glue
the chip to the ignition switch and get a couple of keys cut.....thus
avoiding dealer costs in getting new keys?

Should work fine but with some downsides.

Mine is smart enough to work out when the
key is out of the car and turns the headlights
and side lights off when you get out of the car
without turning them off manually.

And you likely will lose the remote lock and
unlock without using the physical key too.

Some cars arent that expensive to get another key
off ebay or aliexpress etc.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"David" wrote in message
On Tuesday, 15 October 2019 13:35:09 UTC+1, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
I bought a car with only one key....what if I cut the key open and glue
the chip to the ignition switch and get a couple of keys cut.....thus
avoiding dealer costs in getting new keys?

As long as you're not that bothered about it being stolen, or receiving
any payout from your insurance, then go for it.

Its unlikely that the insurance would ever notice you had done that.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15/10/2019 17:34, Rod Speed wrote:

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
I bought a car with only one key....what if I cut the key open and
glue the chip to the ignition switch and get a couple of keys
cut.....thus avoiding dealer costs in getting new keys?

Should work fine but with some downsides.

Mine is smart enough to work out when the
key is out of the car and turns the headlights
and side lights off when you get out of the car
without turning them off manually.

And you likely will lose the remote lock and
unlock without using the physical key too.

Some cars arent that expensive to get another key
off ebay or aliexpress etc.

got a separate 315 Mc/s fob...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default UNBELIEVABLE: It's 03:34 am in Australia and the Senile Ozzietard is out of Bed and TROLLING, already!!!! LOL

On Wed, 16 Oct 2019 03:34:01 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH senile asshole's troll****

03:34 in Australia? And you've been up and trolling for more than half an
hour ALREADY!!!!! Is your unbearable loneliness not letting you sleep in
again, you abnormal cantankerous senile cretin? LOL

cretin from Oz:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default UNBELIEVABLE: It's 03:37 am in Australia and the Senile Ozzietard has been out of Bed and TROLLING for almost an HOUR already!!!! LOL

On Wed, 16 Oct 2019 03:37:28 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH senile asshole's latest troll****

cretin from Oz:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
I bought a car with only one key....what if I cut the key open and
glue the chip to the ignition switch and get a couple of keys
cut.....thus avoiding dealer costs in getting new keys?

Should work fine but with some downsides.

Mine is smart enough to work out when the
key is out of the car and turns the headlights
and side lights off when you get out of the car
without turning them off manually.

And you likely will lose the remote lock and
unlock without using the physical key too.

Some cars set the alarm (after a delay) when you remove the key from the
car.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 15 October 2019 16:49:08 UTC+1, Max Demian wrote:
On 15/10/2019 14:18, David wrote:
On Tuesday, 15 October 2019 13:35:09 UTC+1, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
I bought a car with only one key....what if I cut the key open and glue
the chip to the ignition switch and get a couple of keys cut.....thus
avoiding dealer costs in getting new keys?

As long as you're not that bothered about it being stolen, or receiving any payout from your insurance, then go for it.

The insurer won't know if it's nicked.

Unless you're honest. An old-fashioned concept maybe...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
I bought a car with only one key....what if I cut the key open and glue
the chip to the ignition switch and get a couple of keys cut.....thus
avoiding dealer costs in getting new keys?

Should work fine but with some downsides.

Mine is smart enough to work out when the
key is out of the car and turns the headlights
and side lights off when you get out of the car
without turning them off manually.

And you likely will lose the remote lock and
unlock without using the physical key too.

Some cars set the alarm (after a delay) when you remove the key from the
car.

But with the chip glued to the switch, it wouldnt
be able to do that and so you would have to
manually lock the doors when leaving the car.

Tho he later said that it has a separate remote
so its unlikely that car does automatically set the
alarm after a delay having observed the key leaving.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lonely Psychotic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert! LOL

On Wed, 16 Oct 2019 07:47:19 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Some cars set the alarm (after a delay) when you remove the key from the
car.

But

Better be kind to the ONLY idiot left who's still feeding you, senile
Rodent! BG

cretin from Oz:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jim GM4DHJ ... has brought this to us :
I bought a car with only one key....what if I cut the key open and glue the
chip to the ignition switch and get a couple of keys cut.....thus avoiding
dealer costs in getting new keys?

Then your theft insurance on the car would be invalidated.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Harry Bloomfield"; "Esq." wrote in
message ...
Jim GM4DHJ ... has brought this to us :
I bought a car with only one key....what if I cut the key open and glue
the chip to the ignition switch and get a couple of keys cut.....thus
avoiding dealer costs in getting new keys?

Then your theft insurance on the car would be invalidated.

But the insurer is unlikely to ever notice that that's what you
have done even in the unlikely event that the insurance
assessor does check the car to decide that it's a complete
writeoff after the wreck has been discovered if you are
careful about gluing the chip where it isnt obvious.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 16 Oct 2019 09:11:42 +1100, ZakJames, better known as cantankerous

But

In auto-contradicting mode again, you abnormal senile pest? BG

--
Kerr-Mudd,John addressing senile Rot:
MID:

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ZakJames wrote:

"Harry Bloomfield"; "Esq." wrote in
message ...
Jim GM4DHJ ... has brought this to us :
I bought a car with only one key....what if I cut the key open and glue
the chip to the ignition switch and get a couple of keys cut.....thus
avoiding dealer costs in getting new keys?

Then your theft insurance on the car would be invalidated.

But the insurer is unlikely to ever notice that that's what you
have done even in the unlikely event that the insurance
assessor does check the car to decide that it's a complete
writeoff after the wreck has been discovered if you are
careful about gluing the chip where it isnt obvious.

They ask for the keys when they settle.

It will be obvious the key has been cut open to remove to €˜chip.

It is people like Jim trying to save a few pounds and misleading insurers
that drive up premiums for responsible drivers.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Brian Reay" wrote in message
ZakJames wrote:

"Harry Bloomfield"; "Esq." wrote in
message ...
Jim GM4DHJ ... has brought this to us :
I bought a car with only one key....what if I cut the key open and glue
the chip to the ignition switch and get a couple of keys cut.....thus
avoiding dealer costs in getting new keys?

Then your theft insurance on the car would be invalidated.

But the insurer is unlikely to ever notice that that's what you
have done even in the unlikely event that the insurance
assessor does check the car to decide that it's a complete
writeoff after the wreck has been discovered if you are
careful about gluing the chip where it isnt obvious.

They ask for the keys when they settle.

You can tell them that the thief stole those
from the house so they could steal the car.

It will be obvious the key has been cut open to remove to €˜chip.

You dont have to cut mine open to get access to the chip.

It is people like Jim trying to save a few pounds and misleading
insurers that drive up premiums for responsible drivers.

Very unlikely any car thief would notice that he doesnt heed
the key to steal his car. He would have to have broken into the
car to be able to see that he doesnt need to defeat the chip sensor.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/10/2019 00:15, ZakJames wrote:

"Brian Reay" wrote in message
ZakJames wrote:

"Harry Bloomfield"; "Esq." wrote in
message ...
Jim GM4DHJ ... has brought this to us :
I bought a car with only one key....what if I cut the key open and
glue
the chip to the ignition switch and get a couple of keys cut.....thus
avoiding dealer costs in getting new keys?

Then your theft insurance on the car would be invalidated.

But the insurer is unlikely to ever notice that that's what you
have done even in the unlikely event that the insurance
assessor does check the car to decide that it's a complete
writeoff after the wreck has been discovered if you are
careful about gluing the chip where it isnt obvious.

They ask for the keys when they settle.

You can tell them that the thief stole those
from the house so they could steal the car.

Well Rod, nice of you to show your true colours.
Dishonest little **** aren't you.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Brian Reay" wrote in message
ZakJames wrote:

[...]

Didnt say I would do it, ****wit.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 15 October 2019 13:35:09 UTC+1, Jim GM4DHJ ...Â* wrote:
I bought a car with only one key....what if I cut the key open and glue
the chip to the ignition switch and get a couple of keys cut.....thus
avoiding dealer costs in getting new keys?

As long as you're not that bothered about it being stolen, or
receiving any payout from your insurance, then go for it.

The insurer won't know if it's nicked.

If it is recovered damaged, they may start to question how it was started.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 16 Oct 2019 10:15:13 +1100, ZakJames, better known as cantankerous

They ask for the keys when they settle.

You can tell them that the thief stole those
from the house so they could steal the car.

That's usually no problem for psychopaths like you, is it, senile Rodent?

--
FredXX to Rot Speed:
"You are still an idiot and an embarrassment to your country. No wonder
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 16 Oct 2019 16:49:43 +1100, ZakJames, better known as cantankerous

You can tell them that the thief stole those
from the house so they could steal the car.

nice of you to show your true colours.
Dishonest little **** aren't you.

Didn¢t say I would do it, ****wit.

So you are just a driveling idiot! A psychopath AND a driveling idiot! But
then, what's new? BG

--
about senile Rot Speed:
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Chris Bartram" wrote in message
On 15/10/2019 16:49, Max Demian wrote:
On 15/10/2019 14:18, David wrote:
On Tuesday, 15 October 2019 13:35:09 UTC+1, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
I bought a car with only one key....what if I cut the key open and glue
the chip to the ignition switch and get a couple of keys cut.....thus
avoiding dealer costs in getting new keys?

As long as you're not that bothered about it being stolen, or receiving
any payout from your insurance, then go for it.

The insurer won't know if it's nicked.

If it is recovered damaged, they may start to question how it was started.

It will have been damaged because there is no way that the
thief would have known that it had the chip glued there so
that all that was needed was to pick the key lock.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/15/2019 5:35 AM, Jim GM4DHJ ... crapped:

Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y
From: "Jim GM4DHJ ..."
Subject: One car key.....
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2019 13:35:06 +0100
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 16 Oct 2019 19:04:29 +1100, ZakJames, better known as cantankerous

If it is recovered damaged, they may start to question how it was started.

It will have been damaged because there is no way that the
thief would have known that it had the chip glued there so
that all that was needed was to pick the key lock.

Senile man, you ARE damaged goods! GG

cretin from Oz:

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Chris Bartram" wrote in message
On 15/10/2019 16:49, Max Demian wrote:
On 15/10/2019 14:18, David wrote:
On Tuesday, 15 October 2019 13:35:09 UTC+1, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
I bought a car with only one key....what if I cut the key open and glue
the chip to the ignition switch and get a couple of keys cut.....thus
avoiding dealer costs in getting new keys?

As long as you're not that bothered about it being stolen, or receiving
any payout from your insurance, then go for it.

The insurer won't know if it's nicked.

If it is recovered damaged, they may start to question how it was started.

On the assumption that there is still a "trade" in stolen cars

just how do they get them started? (just generally, no specifics required)

Or alternatively, if the tech improvements mean that cars are now
un-stealable (except on a low loader), there won't be any scroets roaming
the street looking for a car to steal, will there?

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

tim... wrote:

just how do they get them started? (just generally, no specifics required)

It's not too difficult to get an engine to run, supply it with the
right fuel mix and give it a twirl and it will run. As far as I
understand it all the electronics of an immobiliser will do is make it
difficult to get the electrics/injection powered up.

Or alternatively, if the tech improvements mean that cars are now
un-stealable (except on a low loader), there won't be any scroets roaming
the street looking for a car to steal, will there?

Presumably one can buy/replace the 'clever' bits anyway, so take the
car away on the flat-bed and then simply replace the electronics. I
don't suppose that it's all that difficult to find an unscrupulous
seller (of the electronics) or you might be able to simply get the
required bits out of a scrap car of the same or similar model.

--
Chris Green
·
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 16 October 2019 11:24:30 UTC+1, tim... wrote:
"Chris Bartram" wrote in message
On 15/10/2019 16:49, Max Demian wrote:
On 15/10/2019 14:18, David wrote:
On Tuesday, 15 October 2019 13:35:09 UTC+1, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
I bought a car with only one key....what if I cut the key open and glue
the chip to the ignition switch and get a couple of keys cut.....thus
avoiding dealer costs in getting new keys?

As long as you're not that bothered about it being stolen, or receiving
any payout from your insurance, then go for it.

The insurer won't know if it's nicked.

If it is recovered damaged, they may start to question how it was started.

On the assumption that there is still a "trade" in stolen cars

I'm guessing there is , it was on eastenders :-)

https://www.confused.com/on-the-road...cars-revealed#

top-of-the-range vehicles such as Mercedes-Benz and BMW make up the majority of cars stolen and recovered in 2018.
Strange the more expensive cars are so relatively easy to steal.

just how do they get them started? (just generally, no specifics required)

https://www.carlock.co/blog/en/2019/...teal-your-car/

Or alternatively, if the tech improvements mean that cars are now
un-stealable (except on a low loader), there won't be any scroets roaming
the street looking for a car to steal, will there?

The scroets are likely be equipt with tecnology rather than coat hangers and crobars.

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/10/2019 11:25, tim... wrote:

"Chris Bartram" wrote in message
On 15/10/2019 16:49, Max Demian wrote:
On 15/10/2019 14:18, David wrote:
On Tuesday, 15 October 2019 13:35:09 UTC+1, Jim GM4DHJ ...Â* wrote:
I bought a car with only one key....what if I cut the key open and
glue
the chip to the ignition switch and get a couple of keys cut.....thus
avoiding dealer costs in getting new keys?

As long as you're not that bothered about it being stolen, or
receiving any payout from your insurance, then go for it.

The insurer won't know if it's nicked.

If it is recovered damaged, they may start to question how it was
started.

On the assumption that there is still a "trade" in stolen cars

just how do they get them started?Â* (just generally, no specifics required)

Or alternatively, if the tech improvements mean that cars are now
un-stealable (except on a low loader), there won't be any scroets
roaming the street looking for a car to steal, will there?

tim

push button start is a goldmine.....
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
I bought a car with only one key....what if I cut the key open and
glue the chip to the ignition switch and get a couple of keys
cut.....thus avoiding dealer costs in getting new keys?

Should work fine but with some downsides.

Mine is smart enough to work out when the
key is out of the car and turns the headlights
and side lights off when you get out of the car
without turning them off manually.

And you likely will lose the remote lock and
unlock without using the physical key too.

Some cars set the alarm (after a delay) when you remove the key from the
car.

Mine self locks after a pause when you remove the key and leave the car.
If you are loading etc and have the bonnet open, it beeps to tell you this
is about to happen.

--
*Acupuncture is a jab well done*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Chris Bartram wrote:
On 15/10/2019 16:49, Max Demian wrote:
On 15/10/2019 14:18, David wrote:
On Tuesday, 15 October 2019 13:35:09 UTC+1, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
I bought a car with only one key....what if I cut the key open and glue
the chip to the ignition switch and get a couple of keys cut.....thus
avoiding dealer costs in getting new keys?

As long as you're not that bothered about it being stolen, or
receiving any payout from your insurance, then go for it.

The insurer won't know if it's nicked.

If it is recovered damaged, they may start to question how it was
started.

You don't need the keys for that on at least some makes. It can be done
via the diagnostic port using software a thief wouldn't find it hard to
get.

--
*If at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Chris Green wrote:
just how do they get them started? (just generally, no specifics
required)

It's not too difficult to get an engine to run, supply it with the
right fuel mix and give it a twirl and it will run. As far as I
understand it all the electronics of an immobiliser will do is make it
difficult to get the electrics/injection powered up.

Going to be fun driving a vehicle away while spraying a starter spray into
it. Even more fun with a petrol engine.

--
*Why were the Indians here first? They had reservations.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"tim..." wrote in message

"Chris Bartram" wrote in message
On 15/10/2019 16:49, Max Demian wrote:
On 15/10/2019 14:18, David wrote:
On Tuesday, 15 October 2019 13:35:09 UTC+1, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
I bought a car with only one key....what if I cut the key open and
glue
the chip to the ignition switch and get a couple of keys cut.....thus
avoiding dealer costs in getting new keys?

As long as you're not that bothered about it being stolen, or receiving
any payout from your insurance, then go for it.

The insurer won't know if it's nicked.

If it is recovered damaged, they may start to question how it was
started.

On the assumption that there is still a "trade" in stolen cars

Corse there is with the higher value cars.

just how do they get them started? (just generally, no specifics
required)

They dont have to get them started, just
tow them away like the repair people do.

And they can get them started by relaying
from the key inside the house.

Or alternatively, if the tech improvements mean that cars are now
un-stealable (except on a low loader),

They are still stealable and the repair people dont use low
loaders. Trailers and tilt trucks are much more commonly used.

there won't be any scroets roaming the street looking for a car to steal,
will there?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 17 Oct 2019 06:52:22 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Corse there is with the higher value cars.

just how do they get them started? (just generally, no specifics
required)

They don¢t have to get them started, just
tow them away like the repair people do.

And they can get them started by relaying
from the key inside the house.

Or alternatively, if the tech improvements mean that cars are now
un-stealable (except on a low loader),

They are still stealable and the repair people don¢t use low
loaders. Trailers and tilt trucks are much more commonly used.

HAHAHAHAHAAA!!! Now ALSO an "expert" in car theft, you psychopathic
"all-knowing" idiot? LOL

--
about senile Rot Speed:
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"whisky-dave" wrote in message
[...]

I'm still part way through the recently shown Danish program where the perp
steals a car to order every episode

top-of-the-range vehicles such as Mercedes-Benz and BMW make up the
majority of cars stolen and recovered in 2018.
Strange the more expensive cars are so relatively easy to steal.

just how do they get them started? (just generally, no specifics
required)

https://www.carlock.co/blog/en/2019/...teal-your-car/

well yes, I know about that

but I don't own a keyless car

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 17 October 2019 21:13:19 UTC+1, tim... wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message

https://www.carlock.co/blog/en/2019/...teal-your-car/

well yes, I know about that

but I don't own a keyless car