Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default soldering / brazing a lamp shade

replying to Brian-Gaff, Sherman wrote:
I understood the question perfectly. It was a simple question. Dave Plowman
and Brian -Gaff gave the only advise worth reading or listening to. Although
you never suggested you where adverse to removing the damage ring from the
shade I would suggest you do so. . Following Brian-Graff advice clean area
well. You do suggest you have a soldinding Iron, give it a try first and see
if it to your satisfaction. If not decide for your self . if its worth
investing with flame ect. I think it would be as I love to experiment and
open new possibilities for myself.I Not sure if a soldering iron would damage
shade material but suspect a high flame would without removable.first.. .

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...e-1050096-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/09/2019 11:44, Sherman wrote:

replying to Brian-Gaff,* Sherman wrote:

A reply to a message from 2015... what a dozy twonk

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The record still stands at a reply to a 15yr. old thread😁.

Richard
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/09/2019 11:48, John Rumm wrote:
On 23/09/2019 11:44, Sherman wrote:

replying to Brian-Gaff,* Sherman wrote:

A reply to a message from 2015... what a dozy twonk

I have a 150 watt incandescant bulb that he could borrow.
That might get the lampshade hot enough to allow solder
to run :-)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

I did point this out at the time, but was ignored so I relented and
replied.
The problem is as we have discussed here before, for some inexplicable
reason the site does not sort by year, only month, however if you do go
there, the date of the thread is given as plain as day before the post, so
there should be no real reason to miss it, but there are none so blind as
the sighted as they see what they expect to see, they see the date and month
and their brain skips. We listening to it read aloud hear it all.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"John Rumm" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 23/09/2019 11:44, Sherman wrote:

replying to Brian-Gaff, Sherman wrote:

A reply to a message from 2015... what a dozy twonk

--
Cheers,

John.

| Internode Ltd -
http://www.internode.co.uk |

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/09/2019 20:22, Brian Gaff wrote:
I did point this out at the time, but was ignored so I relented and
replied.
The problem is as we have discussed here before, for some inexplicable
reason the site does not sort by year, only month, however if you do go
there, the date of the thread is given as plain as day before the post, so
there should be no real reason to miss it, but there are none so blind as
the sighted as they see what they expect to see, they see the date and month
and their brain skips. We listening to it read aloud hear it all.

Its also fairly pointless replying, since the posters never see the
replies I would guess. They get "promoted" in their section on "highest
rated discussions", then they fall off that list. Actually getting back
to an old thread via the normal interface is quite difficult at that point.

--
Cheers,

John.