Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT Fuel subsidies.

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...nds-commission
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/09/2019 13:40, harry wrote:
https://www.theguardian.com/environm...nds-commission

The 1000 shares in Unilever that I bought in my ISA in 2009 for
£18,000 are now worth about £50,000 and since 2009 the dividend
has increased every year from about 40p/share in 2009 to about
£1.32/share now.

This means I have received over £8,000 in dividends since 2009.
This years total dividends will be £1,340.

When (if) I come to sell them, it will cost me £7.99 and one
click of a mouse.

How much are your 2nd hand panels worth even now ?, and how
much will the licensed waste removal contractor charge you
to take away your dead panels, contaminated with cadmium and
other nasties ?.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 11 September 2019 13:55:21 UTC+1, Andrew wrote:
On 11/09/2019 13:40, harry wrote:
https://www.theguardian.com/environm...nds-commission

The 1000 shares in Unilever that I bought in my ISA in 2009 for
£18,000 are now worth about £50,000 and since 2009 the dividend
has increased every year from about 40p/share in 2009 to about
£1.32/share now.

This means I have received over £8,000 in dividends since 2009.
This years total dividends will be £1,340.

When (if) I come to sell them, it will cost me £7.99 and one
click of a mouse.

How much are your 2nd hand panels worth even now ?, and how
much will the licensed waste removal contractor charge you
to take away your dead panels, contaminated with cadmium and
other nasties ?.

You never even read the article did you?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"harry" wrote in message
https://www.theguardian.com/environm...nds-commission

based on the nonsense rule that not charging VAT at 20% is a subsidy

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Andrew" wrote in message
On 11/09/2019 13:40, harry wrote:
https://www.theguardian.com/environm...nds-commission

The 1000 shares in Unilever that I bought in my ISA in 2009 for
£18,000 are now worth about £50,000 and since 2009 the dividend
has increased every year from about 40p/share in 2009 to about
£1.32/share now.

This means I have received over £8,000 in dividends since 2009.
This years total dividends will be £1,340.

you made a lucky choice

I have PEPs bought in 1997 with the initial 9,000 in now worth 15,000
(including dividends)

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/09/2019 13:40, harry wrote:
https://www.theguardian.com/environm...nds-commission

How is not charging a higher rate of tax a subsidy?

Anyway, if VAT was higher on fuel, it would still take the same energy
to heat our house, cook our meals, run our PCs, etc. All it would mean
is that I had less money available for gradually replacing things with
newer, more efficient items.

SteveW
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Probably cos it is run by the biggest fossils on the planet.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!

OT Fossil fuel subsidies harry UK diy 5 August 31st 15 09:09 PM
Ethanol subsidies and tariffs end HeyBub[_3_] Home Repair 99 January 1st 12 03:05 PM
Subsidies for generating your own lecky Martin Pentreath UK diy 25 April 5th 10 04:50 PM
OT - Clean Energy Sources: Sun, Wind and Subsidies As Governments Increase Spending and Support for Renewable Power, Even Fans Wonder If Aid Could Be More Efficient Joseph Gwinn Metalworking 0 January 10th 10 06:45 PM