Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Ideas for 3tb external DD

So many and cannot make up my mind. Help TIA
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 9 September 2019 15:53:25 UTC+1, Broadback wrote:
So many and cannot make up my mind. Help TIA

I quite like the 4TB WD

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/comput...10868-pdt.html

I previously had the 3TB and now have 2 4TB. Amnd a 2TB for at work.
There's no particualr reason I like them (other than familarity) but they do have the same plug-in PSU and in theory if one goes wrong I may be able to swap things about to get it working.

The thing I don;t like about them is the push switch which you have to hold in for a certain few second so it switches off or standsdown.
I;d prefer a simple toggle or push switch.

I can also pop along the road to get it after work or during lunchtime rather than have to order it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15:53 9 Sep 2019, Broadback wrote:

So many and cannot make up my mind. Help TIA

If you can settle for 2GB this is a nice drive and is powered from the USB
port. I have a couple of these.

Seagate 2 TB Backup Plus Slim USB £60
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00G7LQC7Q

If you need more space then its big brother ofers 4TB but it may(??) need an
external power supply which is a showstopper for me.

Seagate 4 TB Expansion USB 3.0 Portable 2.5 £87
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B017KE8OG0/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/09/2019 15:53, Broadback wrote:
So many and cannot make up my mind. Help TIA

Look for the Backblaze survey. ICBA to look it up.

Andy
Posted to uk.d-i-y

I have a 2tb western digital it came from Amazon. the first one did not
wourk but the second one is fine. The power supply looks a bit cheap.

Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...